Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

@jrb, i remember your pics of the stand extension, do the workers nudge each other when they see you and say here's that football ground spotter :),
Youngman .... I said Youngman .........make sure you capture my best side
d5a8b21c239a41f3a37dd95bcc7f896b.jpg

No mate.

Like most construction workers they look at me and probably think, what are you taking a picture of, you sad....... :-)

TBF most construction workers don't mind and are OK. Especially when you have a chat with them first. I sometimes get a bit of general info off them.

Saying that, I've had some dickheads construction workers who have had go at me. I just smile at them knowing they can't do f*ck all as I'm taking the picture/s off site. And I've already taken the picture by then. I just walk away.
Wearing trousers rather than overalls? Probably qs's Twats the lot of em us.

I wonder how it will work in terms of scheduling events when this arena opens? Obviously concerts and the like are going to be booked in months and months in advance (I bought tickets to see James at the current arena in December last year for example), so how will the traffic cope if City have an evening kick off and there's something on at the arena too?

I wonder how it will work in terms of scheduling events when this arena opens? Obviously concerts and the like are going to be booked in months and months in advance (I bought tickets to see James at the current arena in December last year for example), so how will the traffic cope if City have an evening kick off and there's something on at the arena too?

Hope this answers your questions? Scroll down to page 87 for transport plans.

The arena would host events on scheduled days throughout the week and year. The operational strategy could occasionally result in events taking place at the same time or same day as football events at the Etihad Stadium. The associated impacts of this are considered in detail in the report.

The proposed Arena is targeting around 120 events per annum which is roughly the same number of events as the existing Arena. The majority of events are anticipated to be run in the 16,000 to 20,000 capacity with an average event size in excess of the circa 9,000 average achieved at the existing Arena thereby catering for typically larger events.

A typical arena event capacity would be between 16,000 and 20,000 (with maximum capacity of 23,500 on a limited number of occasions). This is significantly lower than a capacity event at the Etihad Stadium which currently has a capacity of 55,017 (rising to 62,170 with the expansion of the north stand). The arena would be operational all year round with approximately 120 events taking place with the potential to rise annually. Arena events would attract significantly lower crowds and movements than a football event at the stadium albeit on a more frequent basis.

There may be occasions where more than one event is held on a day, matinee and evening events (although these are expected to be lower capacity). In addition, there may be occasions where an arena event coincides with matches at the Etihad Campus. Where possible events would not be scheduled on the same day as stadium events in order to minimise impacts. In addition, should there be an event at both venues on the same day, it does not necessarily mean that arrivals or departures from the venues would be taking place concurrently. There are a range of potential event time combinations for the Stadium and the arena, the majority of which would result in little or no overlap between the arrival and departure of visitors to the two venues.

The worst case scenario represents around 10-15 events per year occurring at the same time. A third of coincided events are expected to take place on a weekday evening and thereby coinciding with rush hour traffic. The specific operational impacts of such events are considered in detail below.

Hope this answers your questions? Scroll down to page 87 for transport plans.

The arena would host events on scheduled days throughout the week and year. The operational strategy could occasionally result in events taking place at the same time or same day as football events at the Etihad Stadium. The associated impacts of this are considered in detail in the report.

The proposed Arena is targeting around 120 events per annum which is roughly the same number of events as the existing Arena. The majority of events are anticipated to be run in the 16,000 to 20,000 capacity with an average event size in excess of the circa 9,000 average achieved at the existing Arena thereby catering for typically larger events.

A typical arena event capacity would be between 16,000 and 20,000 (with maximum capacity of 23,500 on a limited number of occasions). This is significantly lower than a capacity event at the Etihad Stadium which currently has a capacity of 55,017 (rising to 62,170 with the expansion of the north stand). The arena would be operational all year round with approximately 120 events taking place with the potential to rise annually. Arena events would attract significantly lower crowds and movements than a football event at the stadium albeit on a more frequent basis.

There may be occasions where more than one event is held on a day, matinee and evening events (although these are expected to be lower capacity). In addition, there may be occasions where an arena event coincides with matches at the Etihad Campus. Where possible events would not be scheduled on the same day as stadium events in order to minimise impacts. In addition, should there be an event at both venues on the same day, it does not necessarily mean that arrivals or departures from the venues would be taking place concurrently. There are a range of potential event time combinations for the Stadium and the arena, the majority of which would result in little or no overlap between the arrival and departure of visitors to the two venues.

The worst case scenario represents around 10-15 events per year occurring at the same time. A third of coincided events are expected to take place on a weekday evening and thereby coinciding with rush hour traffic. The specific operational impacts of such events are considered in detail below.

What strikes me on reading that is there is an assumption that current public transport arrangements Are adequate and can be built on. In fact they aren’t. The metro service following a match is unfit for purpose and a health and safety hazard. Putting double units on where appropriate? It’s appropriate following every match to have doubles heading to Ashton. Does it happen?
Arena traffic that coincided with a match will make a bad situation worse.

A typical arena event capacity would be between 16,000 and 20,000 (with maximum capacity of 23,500 on a limited number of occasions). This is significantly lower than a capacity event at the Etihad Stadium which currently has a capacity of 55,017 (rising to 62,170 with the expansion of the north stand)...

That document is over a year old now but good news that it's still seems to be taken as a given.

What strikes me on reading that is there is an assumption that current public transport arrangements Are adequate and can be built on. In fact they aren’t. The metro service following a match is unfit for purpose and a health and safety hazard. Putting double units on where appropriate? It’s appropriate following every match to have doubles heading to Ashton. Does it happen?
Arena traffic that coincided with a match will make a bad situation worse.

Totally agree - walking to and from the game walking past trams - packed to the rafters - stuck in stationary traffic - on what planet could anyone think that the Metrolink presently represents an adequate solution to moving large numbers of people from the Etihad Campus to town. The present system needs a major upgrade and the capacity for significantly greater volume before it can even be considered part of the solution. I wonder what percentage of City fans actually use Metrolink on a matchday... and for those that don't (for whom it should be an option) how many would use it if it was a decent service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.