Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

What strikes me on reading that is there is an assumption that current public transport arrangements Are adequate and can be built on. In fact they aren’t. The metro service following a match is unfit for purpose and a health and safety hazard. Putting double units on where appropriate? It’s appropriate following every match to have doubles heading to Ashton. Does it happen?
Arena traffic that coincided with a match will make a bad situation worse.

It does strike you as very naive and hoping for the best when they talk about minimal cross over of events. I'd guess there'd be something on at the Arena every Saturday as that's obviously peak time. If we have a 3pm kick off that day it can take a good hour or so for the blue car park to be cleared so that's 6ish. And that's with all cars going in the same direction and leaving. Throw in vehicles coming in the opposite direction and trying to get into the car park at the same time and it'll be gridlocked.

It does strike you as very naive and hoping for the best when they talk about minimal cross over of events. I'd guess there'd be something on at the Arena every Saturday as that's obviously peak time. If we have a 3pm kick off that day it can take a good hour or so for the blue car park to be cleared so that's 6ish. And that's with all cars going in the same direction and leaving. Throw in vehicles coming in the opposite direction and trying to get into the car park at the same time and it'll be gridlocked.

Can't see how they can avoid clashes. Tickets for gigs at the arena will have been on sale months in advance of tv rescheduling 5:30 Saturday kick offs

Totally agree - walking to and from the game walking past trams - packed to the rafters - stuck in stationary traffic - on what planet could anyone think that the Metrolink presently represents an adequate solution to moving large numbers of people from the Etihad Campus to town. The present system needs a major upgrade and the capacity for significantly greater volume before it can even be considered part of the solution. I wonder what percentage of City fans actually use Metrolink on a matchday... and for those that don't (for whom it should be an option) how many would use it if it was a decent service.
we would still be using it for games but refuse because its unsafe. I used to use the tube in London and imo the metro after a game is worse.

0early-doors.jpg
Brilliant!

The worst case scenario represents around 10-15 events per year occurring at the same time. A third of coincided events are expected to take place on a weekday evening and thereby coinciding with rush hour traffic. The specific operational impacts of such events are considered in detail below.
Given the optimism bias with which these things are planned the 'worst case scenario' is probably fairly realistic. 10-15 events occurring at the same time is roughly half of City's home fixtures which means people who attend most of the home games are likely to encounter some sort of additional travel disruption every other time they go to a game.

Totally agree - walking to and from the game walking past trams - packed to the rafters - stuck in stationary traffic - on what planet could anyone think that the Metrolink presently represents an adequate solution to moving large numbers of people from the Etihad Campus to town. The present system needs a major upgrade and the capacity for significantly greater volume before it can even be considered part of the solution. I wonder what percentage of City fans actually use Metrolink on a matchday... and for those that don't (for whom it should be an option) how many would use it if it was a decent service.
I'm in Rochdale and I don't use the train or tram link purely because of the shit service, on a nice day its much easier to park around Oldham Rd (or nearby) and walk, and if its a howling wind and torrential rain its easier to park around Oldham Rd (or nearby) and walk.
Problem is I can't have a beer doing it that way and that's frustrating

We used it intermittently when there was a direct service to the stadium from Bury but since they decided to force everyone off in the city centre to change we gave up and now drive. Faster, cheaper and more comfortable. The only downside is I can't drink if it's my turn to drive but based on what they class as beer in the stadium now it's no issue.

I can't see any chance of any transport upgrades coming soon either, I think we're stuck with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.