Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Woah mate im doing nothing of the sort! Your info seemed better placed than mine thats all so i was agreeing that youre probably right!
Thats all

My guy wouldnt be directly involved in such land acquisitions.
He was telling me about the stand extension and i mentioned the asda across the road as i heard we were buying that. He just replied “no but weve bought the merc garage”. That was it your info seems better placed

Keep your knickers on
Peace, my blue brother.

My knickers are firmly in place haha

As I said, difficult to ascertain tone and context with the written word.

At the end of the day, we're all blues and we all have the best interests of the club at heart. Having said that, when I was at school in the 70s and 80s all I cared about was results. Couldn't have given a flying fuck about "garages" or "collar sites".

What has modern society become?

Peace, my blue brother.

My knickers are firmly in place haha

As I said, difficult to ascertain tone and context with the written word.

At the end of the day, we're all blues and we all have the best interests of the club at heart. Having said that, when I was at school in the 70s and 80s all I cared about was results. Couldn't have given a flying fuck about "garages" or "collar sites".

What has modern society become?
Yeah its a different world now supporting city and football in general

And an LED wrap around the whole stadium, when we play the scousers our bus attack could be replayed in glorious 4k technicolor, no finer way to motivate players and fans.

Can’t we have some corrugated iron cladding like that Swales put on the front of the Main Stand @ Maine Rd?

A one tier stand was never going to be the agreed option.

Many on here won’t like it but without corporate options the stand doesn’t get built. It’s only viable if it there are corporate elements to it and a one tier stand would not only not offer anything new - but would also see existing boxes ripped out. That was never gonna happen.

With the huge increase in demand for tickets this season, they are rinsing tourists with general admission seats on tier 3, with a standard meal at Goucho or Vermillion for £500 !!!! That’s mental but shows the demand. I can most of L2 being semi corporate or corporate within a couple of years of new stand completed with an equivalent of legends in the middle of the new development.

It won’t make a difference to atmosphere. It’s the people that matter - not the stands or layout.

The powers that be want a Club Wembley-type corporate zone, around the second tier if they can get away with it.

I don't see the demand or pockets for it.

The powers that be want a Club Wembley-type corporate zone, around the second tier if they can get away with it.

Oh definitely, the gentrification of the stadium has been aligned with the growth of our club, they go hand in hand, how many seats do we have in level 2 ? I’m guessing 10-12’000 that’s a lot when added to the other areas, we’d be heading towards a third of the ground (pre NS extension) as corporate. If it keeps ticket prices in other areas low/affordable then I’m ok with it, but there’s nothing stopping them hiking prices in the cheaper seats down the line or increasing corporate areas

There does seem to be demand for these more premium seat offering as they keep building them and then filling them up.

I remember when a lot on here thought the tunnel club would be a massive flop as well. Unfortunately we’re going to see more and more of this over the years.

Last edited:

There is definitely demand for it but will only initially be L2 East Stand and Colin Bell I would imagine.

When you’ve got tourists being rinsed for £500 for a bite to eat and complimentary drink at the Academy Campus and a general admission match ticket in row Z of the 3rd tier ( and nothing else ) then there is scope for a new 93:20 lounge to be built in the new North Stand like in the South Stand.

I would imagine the will also be able to take advantage of corporate facilities at the Arena in due course as well for overspill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.