Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back in September and there are already sections that can't be used due to crumbling brickwork inside, hard to imagine if you haven't been but a lot of the inner walls are bare brick, obviously its an iconic stadium though so don't think a move would be well accepted by the fans.

Suppose a ground share with them in Manchester is out of the question provided they give us Messi as compensation.

I went it the camp nou 4-5 years ago. There's literally nothing there with regard to hospitality, concourses, bars or facilities. It's literally a large bowl dug into the ground

100 pages.

How many more before all the propisals are built and finished?

How many pages was the original thread begore it got locked?

Interesting titbit on Vinoly Architects now designing New York City FC's new ground (Vinoly having 'something' to do with our own campus/perhaps collar site...what, I'm not quite sure).

yankee_stadium_map_800x800_1.jpg

Mayor Michael Bloomberg may have just three weeks left in his term, but he hasn’t given up on his administration’s dreams for a major league soccer arena in New York City.

The New York City Football Club, a consortium backed by the Yankees and Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, has been working with the Bloomberg administration to hammer out the broad outlines of an agreement to build a soccer arena just south of Heritage Field, the site of the old Yankee Stadium....

...To design the arena, the team has swapped out SHoP Architects, which was working on the original Major League Soccer-backed proposal for Flushing Meadows Corona Park, for Rafael Vinoly Architects, designer of the Princeton University Stadium....

Full article here:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/city-hall/2013/12/8537221/bloomberg-departs-arena-deal-emerges

gouldybob said:
jrb said:
wahablue said:
Is JRB's new camera knackered,or are the contractors at the Campus on strike,or has the whip-round for the large orange box for him to stand on whilst peering over the fence not materialised.Like many on here who are house bound,we live for his up-dates.

Camera is fine.

Going to do another set of pictures before Christmas.

Though I'd leave it a few weeks as I've taken quite a few updates in a short space of time. Probably next Sunday.(22nd)

Nothing dramatic seems to be happening to the stadium and the inner complex at the moment but noticed today that the trees and hedging are going up along Alan Turing Way between the Stadium and the College. To paraphrase Roy Scheider in Jaws "JRB, you're going to need a bigger box" We'll need a bluemoon whip round for a Cherry picker to see over them.

Perhaps JRB can borrow Doug's steps in an afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.