Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrb said:
wahablue said:
Is JRB's new camera knackered,or are the contractors at the Campus on strike,or has the whip-round for the large orange box for him to stand on whilst peering over the fence not materialised.Like many on here who are house bound,we live for his up-dates.

Camera is fine.

Going to do another set of pictures before Christmas.

Though I'd leave it a few weeks as I've taken quite a few updates in a short space of time. Probably next Sunday.(22nd)

Nothing dramatic seems to be happening to the stadium and the inner complex at the moment but noticed today that the trees and hedging are going up along Alan Turing Way between the Stadium and the College. To paraphrase Roy Scheider in Jaws "JRB, you're going to need a bigger box" We'll need a bluemoon whip round for a Cherry picker to see over them.

more lazy than useless said:
Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
Barcelona either to expand Nou Camp to 105k or build a new stadium of that capacity

Just been on their fans' forum & it's full of people complaining they can't even get near to selling out 90k most of the time & worrying about Real Madrid fans taking the piss out of their empty seats.

Don't know if what I'm feeling is a form of deja vu, or 'whoosh' because I've fallen for an obvious piss-take.

I suspect its 'fans are the same everywhere'.

I think you should go with 'woosh'.

SPIDERBOY said:
pirate said:
SPIDERBOY said:
And as I posted in the transfer forum.......if they relocate,a 105,000 all seater ain't gonna come cheap......wembley cost £800 million..........they will need money ;-)

more than half the wembley costs were for the land and demolition of the old ground.
land in spain is cheap....still looking at the thick end of 400million

It was built on the same land.

land that they didnt own and had to buy the freehold for

Manchester_lalala said:
Isn't there ground big enough at 100000? They don't even sell out most la liga games so what is the point. Would be a impressive stadium though if they go through with it.

After speaking with people who have taken in a Barcelona game whilst holidaying, I believe the Camp Nou is archaic
I also would have thought that building a new stadium would be more cost effective and far more beneficial than trying to put a roof on the old stadium and tarting it up

The Pink Panther said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Isn't there ground big enough at 100000? They don't even sell out most la liga games so what is the point. Would be a impressive stadium though if they go through with it.

After speaking with people who have taken in a Barcelona game whilst holidaying, I believe the Camp Nou is archaic
I also would have thought that building a new stadium would be more cost effective and far more beneficial than trying to put a roof on the old stadium and tarting it up

The Nou Camp is literally crumbling and well beyond the need for light repairs and maintenance.

The club have been planning renovations for well over a decade but for a number of reasons nothing ever got done.

It could be the downside to having presidents voted for etc which means the cost of doing the necessary would always come behind the signing of new players?

Anyway, I was told that if they dont do something within the next few years they will likely have to start closing sections f the ground on safety reasons.

Nothing in this months Executive or Planning and Highways Committee minutes regarding the stadium expansion.

Next month/new year then

Re Barca - went for a few days in 2006 and did the stadium tour. Really impressive trophy room (of course) but, stadium size apart, was so disappointed with the place. When I came home and said all this and that the stadium was dilapidated, I was roundly laughed at. If they've still done nothing with it for the last 7/8 years then it must be in pretty poor shape.

strongbowholic said:
Re Barca - went for a few days in 2006 and did the stadium tour. Really impressive trophy room (of course) but, stadium size apart, was so disappointed with the place. When I came home and said all this and that the stadium was dilapidated, I was roundly laughed at. If they've still done nothing with it for the last 7/8 years then it must be in pretty poor shape.

I went 3-4 years ago, I was impressed by the pitch side of things but the corridors in the back were just a mess and not many places to get food / drink.

Did someone (just recently) mention a mosiac or somesuch being done near the entrance? ....i'm sure that's what i read but cannot seem to find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.