Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carver said:
CL Regulations 2012-2015 Cycle

UEFA, or a third party acting on its behalf, will provide the advertising boards
(at least 90cm high) and be responsible for their installation and dismantling
within two days of the match. The club is responsible for ensuring that the
advertising boards are within the unimpaired range of view of the main
camera.
During the 2012-15 cycle, LED advertising boards will be used from the round
of 16 onwards. During a site visit to each stadium, UEFA and/or a third party
acting on its behalf, will assess any existing LED advertising system in place
and, should it fulfil the technical specifications set by UEFA and be judged by
UEFA to be of a high enough quality and reliability, the club shall provide
access to such system, whether it is the club’s own or that of any third party
supplier, to the company appointed by UEFA to manage and/or operate the
LED boards. In such circumstances UEFA shall pay the club the fee for the
rental of its LED advertising system and the club shall be responsible for its
proper functioning.
As from the 2015-16 season, the clubs will be required to provide as of the
play-offs, free of charge, LED advertising systems that meet the technical
specifications to be notified to the clubs by UEFA. In the event that a club is
unable to provide a LED advertising system meeting the required technical
specifications then UEFA provides an appropriate system and deducts these
costs from the distribution due to the club for its participation in the
competition.

So, the 90cm high boards are only there from the group stages onwards at the moment, but will need to be there from the play off stages from 2015-16, and ideally be provided by us.

These boards are a pain in the arse for one particular reason, when the ball goes out the ball boys find it difficult to hurdle them to retrieve the ball. They can do this with the ones that we've got at the moment.

I thought the lack of use of the front seats was due to there not being enough clearance above the advertising hoardings. Instead of lowering the pitch can we have the 'running track' on hydraulic rams or a removable stage. Lower/remove it for CL games so that the advertising boards can be 90cm high and not interfere with sight lines (as per the swamp) and leave it up for the remainder of the time.

The pitch isnt being lowered and no the cost and the practicality of having a retrospective moving running track would be prohibitive

GX Blue said:
Are we due any new pictures from that nice chappy who does them?

Bet loads of trees have been planted now and what not to the other buildings....

Not yet.

Only just done a set before Christmas. I'm assuming there's been a lull in construction over the Christmas and New Year period. I'll do another set either just before or after the Cardiff home game.

Just a thought. Wonder what the academy will look like when the Barca Boys visit in February? No doubt they will want a look. I'm sure Soriano and Begiristain will be happy to show them around. :-)

jrb said:
GX Blue said:

Bet loads of trees have been planted now and what not to the other buildings....

Not yet.

Only just done a set before Christmas. I'm assuming there's been a lull in construction over the Christmas and New Year period. I'll do another set either just before or after the Cardiff home game.

Just a thought. Wonder what the academy will look like when the Barca Boys visit in February? No doubt they will want a look. I'm sure Soriano and Begiristain will be happy to show them around. :-)

Its now in my diary at work - Check Bluemoon on Monday 20th Jan (New Pics)

By the way mate i really appreciate the effort you've put in over the last year or so. Passed many a working hour looking at the pics.

GX Blue said:
jrb said:
GX Blue said:

Not yet.

Its now in my diary at work - Check Bluemoon on Monday 20th Jan (New Pics)

By the way mate i really appreciate the effort you've put in over the last year or so. Passed many a working hour looking at the pics.

Not a problem GX Blue.

I'm hoping daylight and weather will be a better by then.

Irwell said:
jrb said:
Not a problem GX Blue.

I'm hoping daylight and weather will be a better by then.
Just in time for your workload to treble when the stadium and collar site start. ;)

Never thought of that.

3 X's the work and enjoyment.

Do we know how the deal with MCC works in regards to the collar site.
I understood they are 20% partners? Do they get 20% of the eventual turnover? Did they gift the land to us with us funding all the development or do they contribute?
Is the campus a similar deal or is that separate and wholly owned by us? Did we buy the land ourselves?

[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1536426_10152487362150760_1314021140_n.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1522015_10152483195450760_1551006750_n.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1538683_10152488025955760_984914355_n.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1484362_10152483194910760_95515233_n.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/249096_10152327098785760_773403468_n.jpg[/bigimg]

As we are seemingly get closer to some sort of announcement about the Collar Site I was wondering what people would like to see there?

Personally I would like (and expect) to see an arena capable of hosting loads of different sports as well as concerts etc.

There will be room for one of the best footy museums where VR is used to recreate all manner of different moments of the clubs history.

And of course it would be great to see a cutting edge tech based theme park too, perhaps something like Marvel or Pixar type stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.