Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
GXCity said:
marco said:
these pictures make you realise just how lucky we are, our owner athough not sure how true wasnt far off buying newcastle united but mike ashley refused to return his calls as he thought it was a hoax ive heard this from a few different sources so there must be some truth in it, where would we be without him is scary, well if the good sheikh comes on here by any chance i want to thank you for everything

Ashley was trying to sell Newcastle for £200m. As soon as Mansour became interested he doubled it to £400m and left the way clear for Gary Cook to ensure he bought City. Gary Cook deserves much of the praise for bringing the investment in. He sold the vision of what could be achieved by investing in City and the rest is history.

Sadly far too few people know how important Garry Cook has been in City's recent development.

As you say he had a vision of a PL club being far more than simply a football team and through serendipity he had the chance to have that conversation with Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon and look where we are now.

I dont think the Newcastle and Everton conversations would have amounted to anything either as the whole package of prime development land, stadium and catchment area made City the number one choice as soon as they properly investigated.

But without Garry Cook they might never have seen the potential.

fbloke said:
GXCity said:
marco said:
these pictures make you realise just how lucky we are, our owner athough not sure how true wasnt far off buying newcastle united but mike ashley refused to return his calls as he thought it was a hoax ive heard this from a few different sources so there must be some truth in it, where would we be without him is scary, well if the good sheikh comes on here by any chance i want to thank you for everything

Ashley was trying to sell Newcastle for £200m. As soon as Mansour became interested he doubled it to £400m and left the way clear for Gary Cook to ensure he bought City. Gary Cook deserves much of the praise for bringing the investment in. He sold the vision of what could be achieved by investing in City and the rest is history.

Sadly far too few people know how important Garry Cook has been in City's recent development.

As you say he had a vision of a PL club being far more than simply a football team and through serendipity he had the chance to have that conversation with Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon and look where we are now.

I dont think the Newcastle and Everton conversations would have amounted to anything either as the whole package of prime development land, stadium and catchment area made City the number one choice as soon as they properly investigated.

But without Garry Cook they might never have seen the potential.

I didnt realise Cook was such an influence, we owe him a great deal of gratitude by the sounds of it. When you look at the big picture of clubs like Everton and Newcastle and how little else they had to offer other than the stadium, City was an absolute no brainer. The foundations were all there for what they envisioned. The supporters, the history of the club, the new stadium, the team were a steady premiership side, surrounding area to develop. It makes me think back to the decision to leave Maine Road and how at first i wasnt convinced, purely for my love and memories of the place.
Definately shows what a good decision it was to move.

I think Gary Cooke was very important, and very competent and efficient: I think it's also worth acknowledging that the city council's wish to see the whole site redeveloped, and consequently their determination to co-operate and play a part in any way it could, gave City another massive advantage which other clubs couldn't compete with.

I still today sit back and take a big breath when the talk is about Manchester city football club there is much to talk about from the last 10 years its incredible really

but the smile is the Campus Stadium Development we are not going away we are building a future that many may not live to see but will know in there hearts of heart we are going to be ok and self funding with a BIG BROTHER with deep pockets to help if need be

THANK YOU Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon AND Gary Cooke

ancoats said:
I still today sit back and take a big breath when the talk is about Manchester city football club there is much to talk about from the last 10 years its incredible really

but the smile is the Campus Stadium Development we are not going away we are building a future that many may not live to see but will know in there hearts of heart we are going to be ok and self funding with a BIG BROTHER with deep pockets to help if need be

THANK YOU Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon AND Gary Cooke

and its a big smile from me. 8-)

Gary Cook still work for the Al-Nahyans..but not at City, he´s with UFC where they got a minority shareholding

Continuing the theme of before and after the takeover,I did some research of our 5 seasons at the new stadium since 2003 season,we won 38% of our home games in that period..the 5 seasons after the win rate nearly doubled to 70%.great progress and other things like goals scored increased dramatically,will post them on here when I get a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.