Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEMBLEY76 said:
Continuing the theme of before and after the takeover,I did some research of our 5 seasons at the new stadium since 2003 season,we won 38% of our home games in that period..the 5 seasons after the win rate nearly doubled to 70%.great progress and other things like goals scored increased dramatically,will post them on here when I get a minute...

that season under stuart pearce I think we only scored 12 goals all season at home and how we stay up a don't know

but when we scored 7 and 6 in the games vs nowrich and spurs I was laughing about the stuart pearce season and the fans still turned up to watch we are a real club and the fans are the best in the world and anything we win from now on was built on a real football club with great fans

Yes that was actually only 10 goals and we scored 3 of them in one game v Fulham !
That season was a tipping point for some fans,the football was dire and we went from !ew Years Day to the following Agust between home goals !
When the Rags beat us with a tranny penalty and blue moon was being sung pre kick off I remember saying to my daughter what would this club be like with some major financial investment ? Well now we know,it just felt like on the day like a premonition now but against the Rags the love for City that day was overwhelming and made me feel proud to be a Blue,through thick and thinner.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Yes that was actually only 10 goals and we scored 3 of them in one game v Fulham !
That season was a tipping point for some fans,the football was dire and we went from !ew Years Day to the following Agust between home goals !
When the Rags beat us with a tranny penalty and blue moon was being sung pre kick off I remember saying to my daughter what would this club be like with some major financial investment ? Well now we know,it just felt like on the day like a premonition now but against the Rags the love for City that day was overwhelming and made me feel proud to be a Blue,through thick and thinner.

Yes and I sat in the north stand back then before we were evicted and virtually all the goals were at the othet end. Absolutely dire season

I gave up my season ticket at the end of that year.
I also felt an overwhelming sense of dispondency about the future.
'what really was the point' in keep going every week home and away ( been at it for 25 years) without any real hope. we lived on beer and laughter at our lot, but made all the more painful by the franchise in Trafford.
I believe we had it worse than any other fan base and I personally believed that football life was grossly unfair and why couldn't we bloody win something.

THEN THEY CAME.

I was off that day and spent 18 hours in front of sky sports.

was it true?

Now five years later I feel that we have returned to where we should have been had Malcolm not been allowed to ruin us.

The lost 30 years and 2 generations of new fans perhaps seem worthwhile if our dream cones to fruition.

I keep boring my fourth generation blue son how lucky he is. 'I was at Macclesfield away before the police put the cones out'....... 'yeah yeah dad'.

I look at the future and thank the chaps from Abu Dhabi for doing things right and with respect. They probably don't realise what they have done to thousands of us, given us back our pride and our soul.

Happy Xmas my fellow non sufferers.
Love you all.
x

3rdgenerationblue said:
'what really was the point' in keep going every week home and away ( been at it for 25 years) without any real hope. we lived on beer and laughter at our lot, but made all the more painful by the franchise in Trafford.
I believe we had it worse than any other fan base and I personally believed that football life was grossly unfair and why couldn't we bloody win something.

THEN THEY CAME.

was it true?

Now five years later I feel that we have returned to where we should have been had Malcolm not been allowed to ruin us.

The lost 30 years and 2 generations of new fans perhaps seem worthwhile if our dream cones to fruition.

I keep boring my fourth generation blue son how lucky he is. 'I was at Macclesfield away before the police put the cones out'....... 'yeah yeah dad'.

I look at the future and thank the chaps from Abu Dhabi for doing things right and with respect. They probably don't realise what they have done to thousands of us, given us back our pride and our soul.

Love you all.
x

Great post.

X

THEN THEY CAME would make a great banner...

3rdgenerationblue said:

THEN THEY CAME.

was it true?

Love you all.
x

*Applause*

P.S love you too :-)

kippax81 said:
3rdgenerationblue said:

THEN THEY CAME.

was it true?

Love you all.
x

*Applause*

P.S love you too :-)

me too let make a daisy chain

1.618034 said:
3rdgenerationblue said:

THEN THEY CAME.

was it true?

Love you all.
x

Great post.

X

The day before you came

1.618034 said:
3rdgenerationblue said:

THEN THEY CAME.

was it true?

Love you all.
x

Great post.

X

Brilliant - "THEY came to the BLUE PLANET" They liked the colour , they spotted it from afar - past the Red Planet -
turn left and WOW! -

father Christmas only give me my dreams once a year
Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have give me nothing to dream about anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.