EU Referendum Thread

chabal said:
Ich denke, es hängt alles von welchem Fortschritt hängt "Rufen Sie mich Dave" macht in den Verhandlungen. Ich mache mir Sorgen, dass wir am Ende alle deutschsprachigen Raum in der Zukunft.
Jawohl!
"Rufen Sie Mich Dave"
Sowas mag ich!

Len Rum said:
chabal said:
Ich denke, es hängt alles von welchem Fortschritt hängt "Rufen Sie mich Dave" macht in den Verhandlungen. Ich mache mir Sorgen, dass wir am Ende alle deutschsprachigen Raum in der Zukunft.
Jawohl!
"Rufen Sie Mich Dave"
Sowas mag ich!

Es hört sich so viel mehr Staatsmann wie in deutschen, nicht wahr?

Out.

All the scare stories we are now hearing about what will happen if we leave are the same ones we were hearing a few years ago "if we don't join the euro". None of them happened.

There are more countries in the world outside the EU than in it and most of them muddle along quite nicely.

As we would be 100% free to make our own laws, including business laws, it shouldn't be too difficult to make the UK an attractive market place.

cibaman said:
foxy said:
Clevers said:
I understand what you are saying but I just can't shake the feeling that leaving would be bad for the economy.

It wouldn't, too many EU countries relies on our exports. Levies will have a knock on effect on EU countries.

They dont rely on exports to the UK. With the exception of Ireland, the UK is less than 10% of their export market. We rely on the EU which makes up 50% of our export market.

We are second only to the US in terms of trade surplus with Germany, and make no mistake about it. the loss of this export market would hurt Germany massively. So much so, that I believe talk of trade sanctions against the UK if it leaves the EU, are at best naive, and at worst a deliberate deception designed to intimidate people into voting to stay in. Before the referendum there will be talk of an economic disaster befalling the country, after a vote to leave the EU, politicians will get together and negotiate a mutually beneficial trading arrangement.

Already being in the European Union does not seem to have made a difference in the UK's ability to influence its transformation from an economic to a political block. Indeed, the lesson of the financial crisis and survival of the Euro is that further political integration, not less, is necessary for the block to function more securely and uniformly. Given how much the EU has developed in the last ten years, it will be fascinating to see what happens in the next decade.

hgblue said:
cibaman said:
foxy said:
It wouldn't, too many EU countries relies on our exports. Levies will have a knock on effect on EU countries.

They dont rely on exports to the UK. With the exception of Ireland, the UK is less than 10% of their export market. We rely on the EU which makes up 50% of our export market.

We are second only to the US in terms of trade surplus with Germany, and make no mistake about it. the loss of this export market would hurt Germany massively. So much so, that I believe talk of trade sanctions against the UK if it leaves the EU, are at best naive, and at worst a deliberate deception designed to intimidate people into voting to stay in. Before the referendum there will be talk of an economic disaster befalling the country, after a vote to leave the EU, politicians will get together and negotiate a mutually beneficial trading arrangement.
Yep they make over 40 billion euros out of us I can just see German industry writing that off if we vote to leave. They will still keep a trading relationship with us only problem I see is that if we vote to leave we won't be the only ones.

chabal said:
Len Rum said:
chabal said:
Jawohl!
"Rufen Sie Mich Dave"
Sowas mag ich!

Es hört sich so viel mehr Staatsmann wie in deutschen, nicht wahr?
Ganz gewiss , aber ich wurde "Roter Ed" viel bevorzugt haben!

hgblue said:
cibaman said:
foxy said:

Agreed. The immediate response against a vote to exit is to cite sanctions, tariffs and barriers put up by the remaining members as a reason to stay in. This is tantamount to shitting on your own doorstep and then hoping we will then step in it.
No business in Europe, trading with the UK will suddenly demand that the UK be penalised for daring to leave the club, just to teach us a lesson in peevishness, it would impact on their trade adversely for no reward whatsoever.

I do not want a referendum.

They let our elected representatives off the hook. We pay them lots of money to run the country and they should decide. Basically i dont think the average Joe in the street knows enough to make a proper decision based on the evidence. The campaign will once again come down to non dom owned media propaganda.

But as there is going to be a vote i will as it stands vote OUT

for those in the know, what would the major employers, such as Toyota, Nissan, Ford Jaguar/Landrover, Proctor and Gamble, BMW, VW and the rest have to gain by having plant in the UK with it's high energy costs, poor infra-structure( transport ) , the dependence on having to use sea journeys for raw materials/ exports? The pound/euro exchange rate will be crucial, but no-one can offer a clue as to what it will be.
In the main, the right-wing press have waged war on Europe, led by the sun express mail and telegraph, and they are hardly likely to change their tactics, in fact i expect an increase in the scale and scope of their propaganda. Sadly a crucial chunk of the population still think that if it's in the papers it must be true. FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.