EU Referendum Thread

bellbuzzer said:
for those in the know, what would the major employers, such as Toyota, Nissan, Ford Jaguar/Landrover, Proctor and Gamble, BMW, VW and the rest have to gain by having plant in the UK with it's high energy costs, poor infra-structure( transport ) , the dependence on having to use sea journeys for raw materials/ exports? The pound/euro exchange rate will be crucial, but no-one can offer a clue as to what it will be.
In the main, the right-wing press have waged war on Europe, led by the sun express mail and telegraph, and they are hardly likely to change their tactics, in fact i expect an increase in the scale and scope of their propaganda. Sadly a crucial chunk of the population still think that if it's in the papers it must be true. FFS

None of that matters pal.

We must keep the foriegners out. Send them all back to bongo bongo land

i kne albert davy said:
hgblue said:
cibaman said:
They dont rely on exports to the UK. With the exception of Ireland, the UK is less than 10% of their export market. We rely on the EU which makes up 50% of our export market.

We are second only to the US in terms of trade surplus with Germany, and make no mistake about it. the loss of this export market would hurt Germany massively. So much so, that I believe talk of trade sanctions against the UK if it leaves the EU, are at best naive, and at worst a deliberate deception designed to intimidate people into voting to stay in. Before the referendum there will be talk of an economic disaster befalling the country, after a vote to leave the EU, politicians will get together and negotiate a mutually beneficial trading arrangement.
Yep they make over 40 billion euros out of us I can just see German industry writing that off if we vote to leave. They will still keep a trading relationship with us only problem I see is that if we vote to leave we won't be the only ones.

There will not be out and out trade sanctions but the EU will still dictate the terms of trade. The UK represents 8% of the German export market. Its significant but not enough to dictate their approach to the UK. There will be plenty of German companies moaning to Merkel if they have to compete with UK firms that do not have to comply with the working time directve and all of the other EU red tape.

bellbuzzer said:
for those in the know, what would the major employers, such as Toyota, Nissan, Ford Jaguar/Landrover, Proctor and Gamble, BMW, VW and the rest have to gain by having plant in the UK with it's high energy costs, poor infra-structure( transport ) , the dependence on having to use sea journeys for raw materials/ exports? The pound/euro exchange rate will be crucial, but no-one can offer a clue as to what it will be.
In the main, the right-wing press have waged war on Europe, led by the sun express mail and telegraph, and they are hardly likely to change their tactics, in fact i expect an increase in the scale and scope of their propaganda. Sadly a crucial chunk of the population still think that if it's in the papers it must be true. FFS

Low labour costs, low taxation and the ease of firing/hiring would still make the UK an attractive place to be in business compared to many countries on mainland Europe.

chabal said:
Ich denke, es hängt alles von welchem Fortschritt hängt "Rufen Sie mich Dave" macht in den Verhandlungen. Ich mache mir Sorgen, dass wir am Ende alle deutschsprachigen Raum in der Zukunft.

Bollocks to that.

I'd rather decline two drinks than one German adjective

Anyway English is the single currency of communication.

cibaman said:
i kne albert davy said:
hgblue said:
We are second only to the US in terms of trade surplus with Germany, and make no mistake about it. the loss of this export market would hurt Germany massively. So much so, that I believe talk of trade sanctions against the UK if it leaves the EU, are at best naive, and at worst a deliberate deception designed to intimidate people into voting to stay in. Before the referendum there will be talk of an economic disaster befalling the country, after a vote to leave the EU, politicians will get together and negotiate a mutually beneficial trading arrangement.
Yep they make over 40 billion euros out of us I can just see German industry writing that off if we vote to leave. They will still keep a trading relationship with us only problem I see is that if we vote to leave we won't be the only ones.

There will not be out and out trade sanctions but the EU will still dictate the terms of trade. The UK represents 8% of the German export market. Its significant but not enough to dictate their approach to the UK. There will be plenty of German companies moaning to Merkel if they have to compete with UK firms that do not have to comply with the working time directve and all of the other EU red tape.
Then that will be a problem the Germans have to solve, not us; our products, if desirable or cheaper, will be bought by the Germans or whoever, as we will continue to buy products from Korea and Chile. The argument about staying in is more or less based on fear of what could happen, if our goods were suddenly sanctioned, they won't be, there is no economic gain to be had by doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.