EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those comparing the UK government's ideals to those of the EU, what happens if the EU lurches to the right and then doesn't agree with your ideals? It is a dictatorship and you're only happy with the current dictator.

yep, I know, I was returning the argument in kind.

No you aint, your doing what your kind always do when caught in a lie, last time I looked the British taxpayer gets to vote in the politicians who they think will spend their hard earned wisely.

No you aint, your doing what your kind always do when caught in a lie, last time I looked the British taxpayer gets to vote in the politicians who they think will spend their hard earned wisely.

"My kind" and what kind is that?

Nothing I said is false, Livepool was given a Capitol of culture grant, cash it wouldn't have got if it wasn't for the EU and now it's booming, where is the lie?

Where the EU got the cash is irrelevant.

How often do you see these signs when major infrastructure projects are being built? Do you really believe that a government obsessed with slashing public spending is going to make up the funding shortfall if we leave the EU?

eu-logo(1).jpg
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's not your fault but this argument is really starting to wind me up. EU membership costs us close to 10 billion pounds per year. The fact that they give us some of our own money back and pocket the rest is not a compelling reason to remain.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's not your fault but this argument is really starting to wind me up. EU membership costs us close to 10 billion pounds per year. The fact that they give us some of our own money back and pocket the rest is not a compelling reason to remain.

But then if we exit and go the Norway route we end up paying to be part of the trading block and getting no rebate at all ( just fact checking myself on this due to conflicting info )

Which brings me back to something I said earlier that to have an informed vote we need to know what direction we would take on exiting.

And I don't think they pocket it, it goes to grants to smaller less prolific countries in the EU that need the cash more.

Last edited:
But then if we exit and go the Norway route we end up paying to be part of the strafing block and getting no rebate at all.

Which brings me back to something I said earlier that to have an informed vote we need to know what direction we would take on exiting.
How can the Leave side tell you for definite what the trading relationship will be like before the negotiations have taken place?

But then if we exit and go the Norway route we end up paying to be part of the trading block and getting no rebate at all.

Why would we go "The Norway route". We have almost nothing in common with Norway when it comes to your trade relation with EU nations.

And just to re-emphasise the point. We pay something close to 8 billion net to have those EU stickers and signs put up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.