EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you've kicked Obamas speech into the long grass then? I wonder why - surely its worth at least paraphrasing the words of the 'most powerful man in the world' to support your argument? Or do you suddenly feel the need to change tack? ;-)

I do not have an argument, to be honest if the UK left Europe it would be a bit of excitement to see what actually would happen and I am fortunate enough to not be unduly affected either way, but just as I have no argument neither do the leave campaign which is why this is all waste of time. We ain't leaving

Maybe I've 'magnified' it.
Here's some facts 361m per week contribution to EU, offset by (the most optimistic figure) 300m in rebates, grants projects, etc.
This leaves 61m going from UK to EU. Sounds bad, but wait- trade with EU is worth 100m per week. Brilliant we're 39m up!
If we lose every single penny of that 100m in trade on leaving the EU it will cost us 39m per week. If we lost only 60% of our trade leaving in (admittedly) simple accounting terms would be cost neutral and we would have our sovereignty.
I hope you appreciate this is not only based on facts, but also without once referencing migrants/immigration, borders, benefits, or any of the other hobby horses of the far right. If you choose to considercthose things as relevent then the case in some terms becomes more compelling depending on your point of view.

Here's some facts 361m per week contribution to EU, offset by (the most optimistic figure) 300m in rebates, grants projects, etc.
This leaves 61m going from UK to EU. Sounds bad, but wait- trade with EU is worth 100m per week. Brilliant we're 39m up!
If we lose every single penny of that 100m in trade on leaving the EU it will cost us 39m per week. If we lost only 60% of our trade leaving in (admittedly) simple accounting terms would be cost neutral and we would have our sovereignty.
I hope you appreciate this is not only based on facts, but also without once referencing migrants/immigration, borders, benefits, or any of the other hobby horses of the far right. If you choose to considercthose things as relevent then the case in some terms becomes more compelling depending on your point of view.

Hi
So there we have it, we are being told by the most inept, nothing, president of the United States in history what to do, even though what he is telling us we must do...with veiled and groundless threats is utter hypocrisy....the USA having the same freedom of movement we are expected to agree to with europe with Mexico for example....you piss taking **** Obama! All this at the behest of a desperate man who happens to be the most inept and lying self preserving Prime minister this country has ever had.

The funny and worrying thing is that there are people who will swallow this, people who on the back of lies from Cameron and Osbourne and even the fool that is Obama and will vote to remain in the utterly doomed and disasterous EU, people will be so dumb as to vote away the sovereignty of this country on the back of lies and nonsense spouted by these clown non of which give a single fuck about this country, have no respect for its people proved by the fact they think they can insult the intelligence of those people with charades such as those taking place during the visit of this utterley untrustworthy President.
you don't know very much at all about the US do you? He isn't even the most inept or know nothing of the last two US presidents, on any rational scorecard unless you really believe Rush and Ann which would in itself be a concern

Last edited:
If you had the slightest bit of love for your country, like me you would have no need to ask Robert.
Love for your country ? What is this
you have ignored nearly every major impact, you have ignored millions living outside the UK in the EU and effect and judging by this thread the cost of kicking out the 100 million or so EU migrants that are filling up every nook and cranny of the U.K., you have ignored all investment, you have ignored currency, you have ignored risk, you have ignored the value of capital assets, you have ignored sustaining growth, you have ignored having to re employ thousands of civil servants, you have ignored uncertainty and God help any country over the next few years trying to maintain a tax base without support from the US and the EU.

It really is to economics what the Old Testament was to science. Women have one fewer rib ergo we have proved scientifically that Adam and Eve is fact

Last edited:
If you had the slightest bit of love for your country, like me you would have no need to ask Robert.
You talk about your country in terms not heard for 100 years. I can't see how any moderately rational person can possibly love a country. You can love parts of the countryside, you can love certain places, you can love people, you can love certain things about it but blanket love for some giant entity is quite strange.

Surely the only rational view is to judge people , to judge policies, to judge law etc by who or what they are and not where they come from. A good law from Brussells is better than a bad law from London, someone you like or agree with from Poland is better than someone you hate and disagree with from England. I can't believe how many people in all honesty make a judgement purely it seems on something being great if English or bad if German . It's kind of 1860ish

something was pointed out to me last night
"has anyone else noticed that the 24/7 wall to wall tv coverage of the Calais refugee camps has completely disappeared off our tv news since the referendum kicked into full swing ?"

should have called the referendum years ago if that is all it took to sort out Calais and the French

To your first point - exactly! That kind of building isn't sustainable and the services don't exist to support the population growth.

The rammed point works on the total number of people in England and the total area of England - it doesn't matter if you're building houses on top of other houses or on golf courses - we'll still have far more people per square mile than most EU countries. I also disagree, I think the countryside (and I'm including golf courses in that) of this country is absolutely stunning and pretty unique. I don't want to lose that in favour of bringing in a few more people who might make the country a little more money.

There's no schools because the government has washed it's hands of education and decided to let the private sector be in control. According to the 2011 census the population has actually shrunk by a couple of thousand.
Golf courses in England.
o-GOLFCOURSE-570.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.