• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I will be clearer for you

In 2010-2013 Norway vetoed 1 EU regulation. They implemented every other regulation, and if none of these were important then it's no problem for the UK either is it?

Assuming a similar level to 2014 that's 3000 regulations implemented,1 not implemented. That ok for you? I will add some umlaut if it is still a struggle
No. They. Did. Not. This is a backtracking argument at it's finest.

This info is coming from Nei til EU, the campaign which endeavours to keep Norway out of the European Union. Norway picks and chooses what EU regulations best suit them and Norwegians. The UK has to accept them ALL, regardless of if they benefit the country or the economy. That is the monumental difference. There may be a dozen pointless regulations (the mythical 'straight banana' one is a case in point) that have to be accepted by the UK and the Norwegians, in order to favour good trade relationships, accepted these harmless regulations. But the ESM? EU Army? Eurozone? Migration crisis? The UK has no say on these matters but Norway DOES and has the RIGHT to refuse them, and none of it affects their trade relations with the EU, ins pite of being told by EU fearmongers that Norway would be isolated and the EU would refuse to trade with them, it didn't and hasn't happened.

You can forget the umlauts, I prefer mopping the floor at my local TSB. Or whatever blase comment you choose to make with others, fishy knickers.

As are those who do this who are born and bred Anglo Saxons. There are terrible people of every gender, sex, colour and creed and I wouldn't blanket label any of them scum.
"Immigrant" isn't a race, you know. There are immigrants of every gender, sex, colour, creed, religious background, ethnic background and nationality. Those 'immigrants' who attacked those women in cologne and across Germany are scum. Such a statement is not a sweeping generalisation of any identification.

Watched the BBC Debate. I was originally out but now i'm undecided. One of the audience members got it spot on, neither side are stating why my vote would benefit me and my country. All i've heard is scaremongering from both sides.

I would have thought Ealing is the one who gets the most attacks on here, but then again he is an immigrant so probably deserves it
That's not very nice of you. You owe Ealing an apology, racist.

Watched the BBC Debate. I was originally out but now i'm undecided. One of the audience members got it spot on, neither side are stating why my vote would benefit me and my country. All i've heard is scaremongering from both sides.
Pretty much, which is why i'm one of those frequently annoyed by these sorts of debates and also how the debate has regressed.

As are those who do this who are born and bred Anglo Saxons. There are terrible people of every gender, sex, colour and creed and I wouldn't blanket label any of them scum.

Knew you'd respond with a whataboutism to that mate, bravo. Like clockwork.

What's more, no one has blanket labeled any/all immigrants as scum.

This info is coming from Nei til EU, the campaign which endeavours to keep Norway out of the European Union. Norway picks and chooses what EU regulations best suit them and Norwegians. The UK has to accept them ALL, regardless of if they benefit the country or the economy. That is the monumental difference. There may be a dozen pointless regulations (the mythical 'straight banana' one is a case in point) that have to be accepted by the UK and the Norwegians, in order to favour good trade relationships, accepted these harmless regulations. But the ESM? EU Army? Eurozone? Migration crisis? The UK has no say on these matters but Norway DOES and has the RIGHT to refuse them, and none of it affects their trade relations with the EU, ins pite of being told by EU fearmongers that Norway would be isolated and the EU would refuse to trade with them, it didn't and hasn't happened.

You can forget the umlauts, I prefer mopping the floor at my local TSB. Or whatever blase comment you choose to make with others, fishy knickers.

Norway has no rights to deny EU citizens access to live and work in Norway, as it donates to the EU and implemented all EU regulations (except one) it has access to the single market, so it's hardly gone isolationist has it?

I assume you are pushing for the Norway model then?

Norway has no rights to deny EU citizens access to live and work in Norway, as it donates to the EU and implemented all EU regulations (except one) it has access to the single market, so it's hardly gone isolationist has it?

I assume you are pushing for the Norway model then?
Good job that EU immigration isn't a factor for me then, isn't it when it comes to voting out.

So there's a moot point. Neither am I an isolationist. No, i'm more the rejection of unelected Commissioners, TTIP, protection of banks, forcing a EU superstate, forcing an EU Army, the failure of the Euro, loss of diversity amongst European nations, EU Flag, cheap labour, rather than where a person comes from. Live and let live. I want Britain to trade not just with the EU, but with the world, unrestricted, negotiating with various regions, actually make our elected politicians and government work for their overinflated wages. Migration helps nations thrive but people also need to understand the negative impact of too much migration. Again, not saying I personally have a problem but I understand the logic behind the concerns of those who do (aside from those who can only see skin colour)

Norway seems to have this same attitude, hence why it doesn't mind accepting EU migration as part of it's continuted trade deals. I'm between an EEA and EFTA arrangement or neither, and creating one that is specific to the UK, just as China, Canada, Mexico, India, Brazil, South Korea, Thailand etc have done. I was once a passionte inner in 2005, during 2006-2009 I began having doubts, then I realised I could no longer defend the direction the EU was heading in. My opinions, views and arguements about leaving the EU have been based on fact checked information, I have had my opinions changed one way and the other many times due to lack of accurate information (from both sides of the argument), hence why i've reached the decision that I have.

I honestly feel the European Union is a relic of the 20th Century and has no place being associated with a modern Britain finding it's feet in the world in the foreseeable future. I'd like to see other European nations follow suit, the European Union dissolve into nothing, the Eurozone breakup and for all European nations reform it from the remains, not from within it's current corrupt, totalitarian state.

You've clearly not read the educational Joey Barton thread in the General Football Forum have you recently? Calling English Anglo-Saxon can be compared to calling an Indian a Paki.

Your point to ChicagoBlue is spot on though. Plus, IF the economy did take a bit of a hit - it might wake up a lot of people to get shit together - for themselves or the country whoever they may be. We'll be better off in the long run sorting out our own affairs. Even if the EU is something to consider in future with different rules, we need to get out now to sort out the mess we're in before we move forward. Actually, a lot of countries seem to be in a lot bigger mess than us because of the EU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.