EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to their own, but personally I didn't see the original comment to mean what you thought it meant or have the connotations you felt it did.
The original comment as copied on here from Britain first that talked about immigrants stealing our homes? Or the comment on the scum in Cologne?

There was some good stuff in there and then you ruined it with a lazy Boris johnsonist exaggeration at the end. I think the brexiters should all go and spend a month or two in a totalitarian state to learn what it means tbh

I wish you would

Back to a point raised a couple of days ago. The odds to remain are still 1/6 and to leave are 4/1.

Anyone else mystified by these odds in comparison to their own experience? Is it worth punting £200 to pick up a grand? Has to be considered.

Or are there dark arts at play here? Bookies seldom get things like this wrong, especially when a two horse race.

Back to a point raised a couple of days ago. The odds to remain are still 1/6 and to leave are 4/1.

Anyone else mystified by these odds in comparison to their own experience? Is it worth punting £200 to pick up a grand? Has to be considered.

Or are there dark arts at play here? Bookies seldom get things like this wrong, especially when a two horse race.

The bookies are probably factoring in the Ex Pat votes which appear to be all for staying and the Scottish vote which is also for staying. I doubt those two groups appear in the published polls and you are looking at a possible 4 million stay votes not accounted for. As you say, the bookies are not out to lose money.

Generally speaking the Ex Pats only care about whether they can stay in their chosen bolt hole and continue to draw their pension. They couldn't really give a toss about the strain on our infrastucture that unlimited immigration will bring because they feel they balance the figures. They wouldn't bother taking into account the figures for population density and land mass between just the UK and Spain. We have a population density of 256 people per square kilometre while Spain has a mere 92 people per square kilometre. But do you think they will take that into consideration? Na. They are too self focussed. We could be going to hell in a handcart for all they care. If they thought much about Blighty they'd still be here wouldn't they.
The Scots are in a quandary. Do they vote tactically to bring about the conditions for a second referendum or remain true to themselves? The bookies think they will remain true to themselves but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Canny people Scots.

Last edited:
The bookies are probably factoring in the Ex Pat votes which appear to be all for staying and the Scottish vote which is also for staying. I doubt those two groups appear in the published polls and you are looking at a possible 4 million stay votes not accounted for. As you say, the bookies are not out to lose money.

Generally speaking the Ex Pats only care about whether they can stay in their chosen bolt hole and continue to draw their pension. They couldn't really give a toss about the strain on our infrastucture that unlimited immigration will bring because they feel they balance the figures. We could be going to hell in a handcart for all they care. If they thought much about Blighty they'd still be here wouldn't they. It's all self focussed.
The Scots are in a quandary. Do they vote tactically to bring about the conditions for a second referendum or remain true to themselves? The bookies think they will remain true to themselves but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Canny people Scots.

I find it interesting that I am not meeting many who intend to vote in, yet we are told that the inners are going to win comfortably. Where are all these inners?

Generally speaking the Ex Pats only care about whether they can stay in their chosen bolt hole and continue to draw their pension. They couldn't really give a toss about the strain on our infrastucture that unlimited immigration will bring because they feel they balance the figures. We could be going to hell in a handcart for all they care. If they thought much about Blighty they'd still be here wouldn't they. It's all self focussed.

Oi! Some of us are voting out.

I find it interesting that I am not meeting many who intend to vote in, yet we are told that the inners are going to win comfortably. Where are all these inners?

You are probably meeting people prepared to come out and say how they feel because you have triggered a response from them. The trouble is there are a LOT of silent people out there. They don't go on line and take part in the discussions nor do they read the papers which cannot compete with TV anymore. I always have in my mind the little old lady that comes out of the Coop with her shopping bags and goes home to watch all the bile and propaganda put out by the BBC at her own her expense paid by her TV licence and she doesn't see that she's being led by the nose in a certain direction. The bookies see this along with all the punters that have bet on remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.