• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi! Some of us are voting out.

Good to hear it. I'm basing my comment on the poll on the Liverpool forum where there are an equal number of Ex Pats voting remain as there are UK residents voting out.
And from everything else I've seen and heard the Ex Pats are letting us down.

You are probably meeting people prepared to come out and say how they feel because you have triggered a response from them. The trouble is there are a LOT of silent people out there. They don't go on line and take part in the discussions nor do they read the papers which cannot compete with TV anymore. I always have in my mind the little old lady that comes out of the Coop with her shopping bags and goes home to watch all the bile and propaganda put out by the BBC at her own her expense paid by her TV licence and she doesn't see that she's being led by the nose in a certain direction. The bookies see this along with all the punters that have bet on remain.

Interesting point, but you would think that if anything the silent ones would be just as if not more likely be out voters. After all as demonstrated here to voice a pro Brexit stance is usually enough get you labelled as racist xenophobic, at worst, and stuck in the past and naive at best. Can you imagine what a song and dance would break out if Brexit supporters were to label pro EU traitors and enemies of the state? After all such a statement would in reality be about as accurate as the racism accusations the inners love to use.

Many may remain silent as they fear offending their bosses who support in. We have seen what tactics and dishonesty the In Campaign have used in tandem with issuing threats of the consequences of Brexit, backed up with begging world political, financial, leaders from all corners of the globe to tell the British voters who important it is for our future to remain in. I dont doubt for one minute that part of this is rigged opinion polls and falsification designed to leave the electorate utterly convinced that a vote out will be simply a waste of time hence outters will stay at home and not bother to vote.

Where is disagree is we need to sort out our shit, come up with a plan for staying in and a plan for moving out and vote on a strategy for each with, details , plans and answers. The whole thing is a complete fuck up by Cameron and is going to have very bad consequences either way as it is all about nothing and there are no plans, strategies or facts out there. Anyone who makes a big important decision with no plans for afterwards and based on the rankings of a few politicians on each side is a fool and everyone in the UK is asked (in and out) to be a fool

In a perfect world, you are clearly correct. This is not the way an intelligent person would go about deciding a major personal issue. However, it is what we have been dealt...and politicians who clearly favor one side. Coincidence? I think not!

In a perfect world, we would ensure that whichever way the vote went, Britain was completely prepared. Alas, we are not, and we are not! So, against that backdrop, it is the easy side of the argument to suggest change is bad, because it holds unknowable consequences...much like all of economics, which is just theory based on conjecture built on preconditions that never actually exist!

In this instance, with Britain having a fairly strong economy, strong trading relations with countries all over the world, and a history of being a stable friend and partner across the globe (OK...recent friend and global partner!), it is in a very good position to ride out the initial shock to the system...which will all be trade/stock market/political, rather than internal.

If we lived in that perfect world, we could do as you suggested and look again in a decade or so. But, then what? Same place, different time, just that the scaremongerers will be 10 years older!

Britain needs a few shocks to the system regardless of whether there is a Brexit or not. Today is as good of a day as any to get started fixing what ails us.

Back to a point raised a couple of days ago. The odds to remain are still 1/6 and to leave are 4/1.

Anyone else mystified by these odds in comparison to their own experience? Is it worth punting £200 to pick up a grand? Has to be considered.

Or are there dark arts at play here? Bookies seldom get things like this wrong, especially when a two horse race.

Most of the polls are fairly close, marginally favouring Remain, when "undecideds" are excluded. Which suggests that you're just not mixing with a representative cross section of the electorate. The heavy betting odds in favour of Remain will reflect how people are betting and also an expectation by the bookies that the "undecideds" will vote heavily in favour of the status quo.

Irish tv and radio make out like the outers are right wing fascists. That its racist who hate all foreigners. That its nationalism gone crazy. Oh and the troubles will rekindle next month if a Brexit occurs. The fear they are pedaling is crazy. Its a mix of the government doing as told by the EU masters and simpleton presenters who always toe a black/white line. No meaningful debates, no long term view, no balanced plans for either scenario. Any debate I've seen has been like a Jeremy Kyle marvel at how stupid the white trash are.

Its annoying that people don't see the "problem statement" so that after either result it can be remediated.

The in vote will win and people will just put this down to crazy extremism and address nothing. Unfortunately.

Irish tv and radio make out like the outers are right wing fascists. That its racist who hate all foreigners. That its nationalism gone crazy. Oh and the troubles will rekindle next month if a Brexit occurs. The fear they are pedaling is crazy. Its a mix of the government doing as told by the EU masters and simpleton presenters who always toe a black/white line. No meaningful debates, no long term view, no balanced plans for either scenario. Any debate I've seen has been like a Jeremy Kyle marvel at how stupid the white trash are.

Its annoying that people don't see the "problem statement" so that after either result it can be remediated.

The in vote will win and people will just put this down to crazy extremism and address nothing. Unfortunately.

Tony, there is absolutely no doubt not all exit voters are racists, the problem remains though that extreme views are often remembered long after moderate ones are.
Here is a perfect example, this is one guy's point of view but it sticks and sadly many will get tarred with it.
You just have to hope it is irony.

Seems like rules for getting free house are as follows in UK:

Free house
EU national and take your family and make them homeless
EU national And marry African (non EU illegal) who works but can't afford private rental

No free house
British single national
British disabled national
British soldier
British family where father is looking free children

Makes me fucken sick knowing we pay a fortune for these scum to sway in here and steal all the benefits

I wonder what my chances are of getting my entire family housed in Romania, Saudi or any other EU state with funding are!?

Time for the people of Britain to stand up against this evil perverted government and the wicked ways of the EU

You are probably meeting people prepared to come out and say how they feel because you have triggered a response from them. The trouble is there are a LOT of silent people out there. They don't go on line and take part in the discussions nor do they read the papers which cannot compete with TV anymore. I always have in my mind the little old lady that comes out of the Coop with her shopping bags and goes home to watch all the bile and propaganda put out by the BBC at her own her expense paid by her TV licence and she doesn't see that she's being led by the nose in a certain direction. The bookies see this along with all the punters that have bet on remain.

Hardly anyone has bet on remain, about 90% of bets are for leave (as are 90% of the little old ladies I reckon)

Irish tv and radio make out like the outers are right wing fascists. That its racist who hate all foreigners. That its nationalism gone crazy.

Not all Brexitters are racist, but all racists are Brexitters... and it doesn't take too many racist crackpot Bozza voices for the more measured tone of the likes of David Davis to be drowned out

Good to hear it. I'm basing my comment on the poll on the Liverpool forum where there are an equal number of Ex Pats voting remain as there are UK residents voting out.
And from everything else I've seen and heard the Ex Pats are letting us down.
Don't include me in that either. All the expats I know out here are voting out.

Then again, people can't retire in Qatar so each and every one of them are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.