• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Th economists view of brexit.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3739/Economists-Views-on-Brexit.aspx

psos MORI conducted an online survey of members of the Royal Economic Society and the Society of Business Economists on behalf of the Observer. The survey asked economists for their professional opinions on the likely effect of Britain leaving the EU and the single market on a variety of economic indicators, including real GDP and unemployment.

Of the 639 economists who responded:

Th economists view of brexit.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3739/Economists-Views-on-Brexit.aspx

psos MORI conducted an online survey of members of the Royal Economic Society and the Society of Business Economists on behalf of the Observer. The survey asked economists for their professional opinions on the likely effect of Britain leaving the EU and the single market on a variety of economic indicators, including real GDP and unemployment.

Of the 639 economists who responded:

Interesting. Only 17% of them responded. Wonder what the other 83% think.

A bit of forethought by our Govenment would do any harm, especially as it appears other governments abroad are doing so.

From what I've read the discussions between the core EU countries cover two areas. Firstly, the initial crisis management if we vote out. The action to be taken to stabilise the financial system and avoid recession. Secondly, initial discussions on what the EU's negotiating position with the UK would be. Whether to adopt a "punitive" approach to the UK in order to prevent contagion, or a more conciliatory approach.

The government, Treasury and B of E should definitely be doing some contingency planning to deal with the financial shock of a vote Leave. If they were to widely publicise that they were doing that I expect they would be accused of scaremongering. My guess is that they are doing some contingency planning but not enough.

Its also important that some thought is being given to the UK's negotiating strategy if we vote out. In particular whether or not we will seek access to the single market. But it would be entirely pointless for Cameron and the existing government to do that since they would have no say in the matter.

Where abouts in Manc did you vote mate?

I'm voting out so no fecker can change my mind.

I think the "silent majority" will surprise a few. In public yeah we are diplomatic but in a private booth we want our borders back ! no more immigration or atleast more controlled on our terms. No free open borders.
woodhouse park but the ballot paper just read Manchester area

In

We cannot run the risk of a recession (or slow down) that leaving the EU might bring. When the economy catches a cold health and social care usually has the flu for several years!

We have had more Liberty in Europe as part of the European Union. Russia, for example, would love to see a fragmented Europe!
Why? Is it about the time when the unelected leader of the EU met the unelected leader of Ukraine to complain about an election in the Crimea? That time when the Russian government complained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.