EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's nothing to do with the EU that there is poverty and hardship all across the UK, but it is thanks to the EU that the east end of London is rid of a deprived, and gangster run culture?

Get a grip on reality FFS EB2, again the quality of your arguements are of playground standard!
If you seriously want to argue that old hams economic decline is die to the EU that is laughable and shows you have lost all reason in your blind belief that everything for the last 150 years is due to the EU

@BIGJOE you know on east London No one came to the rescue it was poor deprived with high immigrants 300 years ago 200 years ago , 100 years ago and now - no one with power cared then they don't now. Yes it's south Asian instead of the Irish, Jews, other Europeans people from other parts of the U.K. , Huguenots etc that's the difference.

If the best you can do is blame early 20c industrial decline on the EU you have no case , it seems the many areas of strong anti EU argument have been given up on and the end of the empire and immigration scare campaigns are the arguments to fight on at least the campaign is starting to be honest

Bolton certainly has and them Krays have been quiet for a while now as well. I presume you singled out those areas because of the huge amount of European ex-pats that live there?

No I singled them out as there absolute shit holes.

May the European Project be with you and it soon will be if you vote to remain.
Flag_of_the_United_States_of_Europe.png

So you blame immigration and not the total collapse of the textile and coal industries in the UK for the issue. Poor immigrants go to the most deprived area they don't go to a wealthy area and turn it deprived.

No I do not. I am just using the specific example of where I grew up. People say immigration is good for the economy and they are right in some respects there are fantastic people who contribute and make a huge contribution to my world and life culturally and economically. However whilst I accept this the corbyns the blairs the Ealing blues of this world just go blah blah blah I am not listening to people who say their own experience of mass immigration does have its downsides.

Oldham has experienced large scale immigration over the last 30 years and is officially the most deprived place to live in the uk.

It's only a quid on the bus to Manchester so the coal and textile industries has fook all to do with it.

Anyway as I have said before immigration is a global issue not an eu one, people want to better themselves and I accept that we should just try and manage it a bit better from both within the European Union and outside that's all.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'European city of culture' designation. How can anyone sane vote for an organisation that out of all the city's in the EU decided at various times to award this thing to Liverpool, Glasgow, and perhaps best of all Hull?
This is just fucking mental.

Awarding the City of Culture to Liverpool was a major contributing factor that has led to the total regeneration of that city, to the point where it really is worth visiting. Should have left it to terminal decline I guess

No I do not. I am just using the specific example of where I grew up. People say immigration is good for the economy and they are right in some respects there are fantastic people who contribute and make a huge contribution to my world and life culturally and economically. However whilst I accept this the corbyns the blairs the Ealing blues of this world just go blah blah blah I am not listening to people who say their own experience of mass immigration does have its downsides.

Oldham has experienced large scale immigration over the last 30 years and is officially the most deprived place to live in the uk.

It's only a quid on the bus to Manchester so the coal and textile industries has fook all to do with it.

Anyway as I have said before immigration is a global issue not an eu one, people want to better themselves and I accept that we should just try and manage it a bit better from both within the European Union and outside that's all.
Oldham , like the valleys , like Thanet, like some of the Lancashire milltowns is poor because the industries that provided employment utterly collapsed. This destroyed the local economies , immigration is then high into these areas because they are poor and cheap. In these areas those who got good emolument moved elsewhere. It's the story of economics of capitalism and of any country in the world. Barely a city in Europe , Asia or Africa doesn't have these issues and it happened before the EU existed and will happen long after whatever the next manifestation of the EU is

I do agree with much d the last paragraph and think it's time the 99% stopped letting the 1% turn them against themselves

Oldham , like the valleys , like Thanet, like some of the Lancashire milltowns is poor because the industries that provided employment utterly collapsed. This destroyed the local economies , immigration is then high into these areas because they are poor and cheap. In these areas those who got good emolument moved elsewhere. It's the story of economics of capitalism and of any country in the world. Barely a city in Europe , Asia or Africa doesn't have these issues and it happened before the EU existed and will happen long after whatever the next manifestation of the EU is

I will make that point to my mother when I am next in Oldham I am sure she will feel so much better about where she lives....

Enjoy your day at the beach in Brisbane today?

Awarding the City of Culture to Liverpool was a major contributing factor that has led to the total regeneration of that city, to the point where it really is worth visiting. Should have left it to terminal decline I guess

Fair point that . Hence why rawk is so high. In Liverpool they have seen a real benefit of Eu funding. Look at the airport.

I will make that point to my mother when I am next in Oldham I am sure she will feel so much better about where she lives....

Enjoy your day at the beach in Brisbane today?
If I had my way far more would be spent on Britains deprived areas and it's one of the drivers for my in vote. You'd get to Benidorm quicker than I'd get to Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.