EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alistair Darling meant to put his 2p's worth in with George Osbourne but he only had a 1p left!

6a00d8341d417153ef01157033afe8970b-pi

Clearly it makes a huge difference if you don't have to live with the consequences of the referendum. The remain voters living in Australia will not have to worry about say the NHS bring swamped by a million Turkish immigrants or UK bailing out the Euro at some point

I don#t think anyone who does not reside or pay taxes in this country should have a vote on this

A vote, No. An opinion, certainly

My biggest concern is that a very large number of people don't actually know what they are voting for. Some doubtlessly believe it is a referendum on Cameron, others that it is whatever Cameron/Johnson/Osborne/Gove or the media tell them (including what the media say about other branches of the media!).

Some will think it's all about immigration, some employment and some that it's all about money, and I think only a small percentage will actually understand it all properly.

The outright lies, soundbites and misrepresentations for effect (e.g. nett vs gross) are used to muddy things, and the media barons have their alliances to promote (and the allied poltiician has the backing of the media baron to maintain). It's politics in the lowest form of scare stories, from both sides, and often based on dodgy foundations.

My biggest concern is that a very large number of people don't actually know what they are voting for. Some doubtlessly believe it is a referendum on Cameron, others that it is whatever Cameron/Johnson/Osborne/Gove or the media tell them (including what the media say about other branches of the media!).

Some will think it's all about immigration, some employment and some that it's all about money, and I think only a small percentage will actually understand it all properly.

The outright lies, soundbites and misrepresentations for effect (e.g. nett vs gross) are used to muddy things, and the media barons have their alliances to promote (and the allied poltiician has the backing of the media baron to maintain). It's politics in the lowest form of scare stories, from both sides, and often based on dodgy foundations.

Bingo, I've been saying this for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.