EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave then shut the borders, what next?
Repatriate those already here followed by Brits living abroad being sent back to Blighty followed by a crackdown on the unemployed here cos we suddenly have half a million jobs up for grabs and they're just lazy fuckers and bingo, the Tories set about dismantling the welfare state like they've wanted to all along. Result.

I'm voting in, pay tax in the UK and I'm not purposely misrepresenting things that I know are bollocks.

As has been pointed out, if anything, Ealing will be pushing floating voters towards out. He never fucking stops.
I think it's around half a dozen that have fled to Brexit now! Seems a lovely chap, but I hope for his sake he never enters politics ;-)

I'm voting in, pay tax in the UK and I'm not purposely misrepresenting things that I know are bollocks.

As has been pointed out, if anything, Ealing will be pushing floating voters towards out. He never fucking stops.
He never will , it's not had any effect on here and unless you are broadcasting me to the good expats of Qatar I doubt it is going to change anyone. As I said before anyone that weak minded shouldn't be allowed a vote anyway.

You have been guilty in the past young SWP of misrepresenting things not least the fact I work for Goldman Sachs which was news to me .

In the case (I assume you mean here ) which so angered the Brexit mob, you should take that up with the editors of the Australian Financial Review and Financial Times websites they cited Brexit fears driving down the market not me . I hadn't even been aware of the poll that spooked the market till reading about the crash.

There won't be an immediate one but the impact of a vote to leave will be huge on the public purse, everything the government forecasts for and plans for goes out the window. Essentially everything we elected the government on last year could potentially be thrown away. Imagine the spike in migration to get in before the doors shut to begin with, we have no choice but to plan to cope with that. That planning and change may or may not mean further cuts and large scale changes which I don't believe the current government has the mandate to undertake.

Essentially everything we elected the government on last year could potentially be thrown away

You could argue that the tories promise of a referendum clinched them a significant amount of votes to actually get them to power.

I think it's around half a dozen that have fled to Brexit now! Seems a lovely chap, but I hope for his sake he never enters politics ;-)
Far too intelligent, long term thinking, honest , incorruptible and qualified for that I'm afraid and unless I give up my UK passport which I won't it's not an option anyway ;-)

Also with in moving from 40-44 % here in the last fortnight I have obviously put off fewer than the anti immigration mob who must've therefore switched at least twice that.

Last edited:
He never will , it's not had any effect on here and unless you are broadcasting me to the good expats of Qatar I doubt it is going to change anyone. As I said before anyone that weak minded shouldn't be allowed a vote anyway.

You have been guilty in the past young SWP of misrepresenting things not least the fact I work for Goldman Sachs which was news to me .

In the case I assume you mean here you should take that up with the editors of the Australian Financial Review and Financial Times websites they cited Brexit fears driving down the market not me . I hadn't even been aware of the poll that spooked the market till reading about the crash.
It's one thing reporting that Brexit fears are driving short term volatility in the market (as every election does), it's another then equating that to ten years worth of EU membership costs.

You know that was a huge mis truth.

I have just said swp is voting in what are you on about. He does not live in the uk. I have no idea where anyone else bloody lives? Forgive me for not knowing the details of all posters.

Eb has posted on this site more than anyone on this subject and I think it's right to pick up on him comparing the referendum with 911?

If you want to debate about the referendum fine if you want to be a policeman on the site, apply to be a moderator.
Comparing the potential economic effect on our economy with the economic effect of 911 which is not what you said there.

It's one thing reporting that Brexit fears are driving short term volatility in the market (as every election does), it's another then equating that to ten years worth of EU membership costs.

You know that was a huge mis truth.
If wealth is destroyed by Brexit then it is every bit as relevant and far more honest than the 350 million

I can't recall EB purposely misrepresenting anything anywhere on the thread, and anybody making up their mind based on the ramblings of a stranger on a football forum shouldn't be given a vote.
T o reiterate, anybody, from anywhere is entitled to voice their opinions on this. Saying they're worthless because, 'they don't live here' seems a bit daft to me.

We shall see , I suspect the consequences will be more serious than 911 , if things got close to 2008 then there is no world economy as there is nothing left to deal with a situation like 2008, no money, no fiscal stimulus, no interest rates etc

As for fund managers someone is selling off big time on the concerns and I hope you are right, but as some fund managers were still saying ALl is ok weeks before Bear Stearns I would be taking many views and being as sceptical of any of them as the politicians or anyone else.

As for scare tactics, I reported facts, history , events of the last week don't need to predict

Here is your post...

I suspect the consequences will be more serious than 911....

They are your words , so if we vote leave that's your prediction, whether that's simply economic that's a pretty big scare story you are putting forward there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.