EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, i have the facts as they are at hand, i just choose to not believe the scaremongering and feel we will do just fine.

If you ran a chemical engineering firm you would know the extra red tape applied to us and the hassle and cost it ensues.
Our wheel was not broke so did not need fixing. This affected and hindered me personally a lot and cost me a lot to the point we had to lay off 2 people for 4 months.
This was 100% eu shit so excuse me for not being as enlightened as your good self.

Either way i feel this thread now serves no purpose other than to offer a platform for mud flinging so i shall go to a silly thread in off topic cheers ladies and gents (drops mic)
Drama Queen :-)

Nice one Sam mate.
It's just that little Englanders mentality. The thinking that we'd somehow be better alone than working together, when all the evidence points the opposite way.
Stop making sense.
What´s this little englander shite? The brexit lot want to make trade deals with the new American Administration, all the Commonwealth, the Far East and South America. The majority of the world, about 5 billion people. You remain lot wish to stay within europe to hide, remote and isolated inside a piddling little market, 10 times smaller. Only one group are cowardly xenophobes.

Reject negative xenophobic isolationism in the EU. (to paraphrase Obama)

Vote Leave.
No

Drama Queen :-)

I have got the lumpwood out mate and am thinking ribs or err well it's gonna be ribs.

The EU has been rather a large pain for my fathers company and most of it seems even on detailed inspection totally unnecessary.

One thing was this accreditation that a company could demand of us even though we already had higher standards set in the industry.
This was basically a tool used by others to try and force us to disclose manufacturing trade secrets.

My father would suss how to make the stuff requested (we are called 20 litre guys in the trade = small amounts of hard to make stuff).
Then i would organize the manufacturing needs, glassware heating oil, coolant etc etc, sort the lads shifts out and that was it.

Some company made a huge order with us then demanded we have this new eu iso accreditation. We complied to all but giving them access to our manufacturing process.
They caused a fuss as they only did it to try and get the manufacturing process out of us, i flat refused to let them in and had to pay pretty large legal costs just to show i was ok to do that.

It was the biggest are ache i have ever had to deal with in a work environment, did my head right in.

So again I'm just playing devils advocate here and opening debate (and I've already voted), but the reasoning for many to vote out has nothing to do with little England but wanting to remain a sovereign state, able to trade with the world, allow in who they wish and not be part of an increasingly federalist super state (much like the Aussie's and Canadian's enjoy).
Quite.

But again, that isn't what he was disputing. He was disputing the "don't care about the economy" and "racist" comment. It really isn't diffcult to understand.

I never called anyone racist. I said the main issue for outers as shown by repeated polls was immigration, he and others disagreed despite evidence to the contrary.

What´s this little englander shite? The brexit lot want to make trade deals with the new American Administration, all the Commonwealth, the Far East and South America. The majority of the world, about 5 billion people. You remain lot wish to stay within europe to hide, remote and isolated inside a piddling little market, 10 times smaller. Only one group are cowardly xenophobes.

Reject negative xenophobic isolationism in the EU. (to paraphrase Obama)

Vote Leave.
Sorry mate but I think you are an idiot. I've travelled to Asia, Africa, the states, always paid visa. We "remain lot" just want to work together.

Your last sentence is irony. "negative xenophobic isolation"

That's the entire brexit campaign!!

Nice one Sam mate.
It's just that little Englanders mentality. The thinking that we'd somehow be better alone than working together, when all the evidence points the opposite way.

More ad hominem nonsense.

Mate, you asked the other day why closer political and fiscal union with other European nations within the EU is anything other than a positive, I replied fairly in depth and explained why.

You didn't respond.

Now you're just continuing to join Pam in the moronic ad hominem shilling of this thread, and yet you have the gall to present anyone else as dense or parochial?

Laughable mate, sorry.

If you think he's a monster, mate, he's one that has been created by the establishment.

Suppression of the debate on immigration/population growth by ALL mainstream parties
and large chunks of the media have pushed some people towards fringe politics. This is not just in the UK either. It's a dangerous trend throughout Europe.

Ditto the unsolicited slide towards a federalist Europe. There would arguably be no referendum without Farage; just further immersion by stealth.

Compared to the bulk of MPs foisted upon us, he does indeed come over as a man of the people. For proof, look no further than the likes of Cameron, Osborne, Miliband, Harman and a whole host of career politicians.

Don't get me wrong, he's never a potential leader of the country but has certainly been a catalyst. There are lots of people out there without voices.

What suppression? This country does nothing but talk about immigration!!

The two biggest selling papers in the Mail and the Sun practically run headlines about it nearly every day and in the articles will be rent-a-quotes from all main parties.

So again I'm just playing devils advocate here and opening debate (and I've already voted), but the reasoning for many to vote out has nothing to do with little England but wanting to remain a sovereign state, able to trade with the world, allow in who they wish and not be part of an increasingly federalist super state (much like the Aussie's and Canadian's enjoy).
Hey, hold on, who the fuck allowed you to vote...... this is getting ridiculous now. Christ, that fucking Smiths fan in America will probably get a vote as well.......!

Last edited:
I have got the lumpwood out mate and am thinking ribs or err well it's gonna be ribs.

The EU has been rather a large pain for my fathers company and most of it seems even on detailed inspection totally unnecessary.

One thing was this accreditation that a company could demand of us even though we already had higher standards set in the industry.
This was basically a tool used by others to try and force us to disclose manufacturing trade secrets.

My father would suss how to make the stuff requested (we are called 20 litre guys in the trade = small amounts of hard to make stuff).
Then i would organize the manufacturing needs, glassware heating oil, coolant etc etc, sort the lads shifts out and that was it.

Some company made a huge order with us then demanded we have this new eu iso accreditation. We complied to all but giving them access to our manufacturing process.
They caused a fuss as they only did it to try and get the manufacturing process out of us, i flat refused to let them in and had to pay pretty large legal costs just to show i was ok to do that.

It was the biggest are ache i have ever had to deal with in a work environment, did my head right in.
I bought ribs today.

Sly fuckers. Well done for standing up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.