EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this for a second time. Interested to get 2nd opinions. Personally I think it's fantastic, incredibly eloquent and always in full control of the facts.

I remember rolling my eyes when he was on. Australia not teaming up with New Zealand, nor Japan with China? The oddball seems to have forgot T-PP.
They have signed up with China expressing an interest. There are 12 countries involved with it Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, United States and Vietnam. The thought that the UK can go wandering about and deal with these countries on an individual basis is dead. Canada are currently involved with the EU for the CETA trade deal.

Of the top 15 economic countries in the world 3/4 will be under the influence of greater trading blocs. Those that are left, the BRIC countries, good luck in getting favourable deals with them.

United States T-PP
China
Japan T-PP
Germany EU
United Kingdom EU
France EU
India
Italy EU
Brazil
Canada T-PP
South Korea T-PP
Russia
Australia T-PP
Spain EU
Mexico T-PP

Watch that video on the previous page. If you find yourself cheering, vote leave. If you find yourself laughing, vote remain.

:)

Seriously, no-one knows the right answer.
Yep, already watched it, that's what's confused me!! :) trouble is all politicians are lying bastards and both sides are coming out with whoppers.

I remember rolling my eyes when he was on. Australia not teaming up with New Zealand, nor Japan with China? The oddball seems to have forgot T-PP.
They have signed up with China expressing an interest. There are 12 countries involved with it Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, United States and Vietnam. The thought that the UK can go wandering about and deal with these countries on an individual basis is dead. Canada are currently involved with the EU for the CETA trade deal.

Of the top 15 economic countries in the world 3/4 will be under the influence of greater trading blocs. Those that are left, the BRIC countries, good luck in getting favourable deals with them.

United States T-PP
China
Japan T-PP
Germany EU
United Kingdom EU
France EU
India
Italy EU
Brazil
Canada T-PP
South Korea T-PP
Russia
Australia T-PP
Spain EU
Mexico T-PP
TPP is a trade agreement, not a political union like the UK's association with the EU is, which is the point he was making.

TTIP and EU are not the same thing. You know this as well.

Change less educated for working class.

why change them, he never mentioned working class.

Many middle class voices seem to forget that the last census showed that maybe 60-65% of the UK stated they were 'working class', so when these elitist, obnoxious statements come out trying to demonise us as being 'uneducated, simplistic and right-wing' they effectively alienate us from the debate and lose our support for their arguement.

Their sheer arrogance has become one of the main reasons the remain support is wavering.

I see @smudgedj so you can totally change the narrative.

why change them, he never mentioned working class.

That IS what is implied, though according to many people from a working class background, as these sort of statements are made by people from middle/upper-middle class backgrounds to belittle their opinions as foolish and not to be trusted.

Trade is what were are talking about.
Hannan wasn't talking specifically about trade in that segment where he mentions Japan and China or New Zealand and Australia. He'd moved on from talking about how people criticised Britain being unable to trade with other countries if they are to do it alone, to talking about how people's views of other countries not being able to trade with others by not being part of a trading union. TPP is trade agreement, not a trading union was incorrect and hypocritical. These countries that have agreed to TPP are not bound to only trade with TPP members, unlike the UK's membership with the EU prohibits them trading with any nation not trading with the EU.

Many middle class voices seem to forget that the last census showed that maybe 60-65% of the UK stated they were 'working class', so when these elitist, obnoxious statements come out trying to demonise us as being 'uneducated, simplistic and right-wing' they effectively alienate us from the debate and lose our support for their arguement.

Their sheer arrogance has become one of the main reasons the remain support is wavering.

I find it patronising that people on the right like farage are trying to claim the working class to further their cause.

I am working class as are my friends and family, educated localIy only got a city and guilds and some GCSE's s worked since school and always been left wing, that pompus bigot doesn't speak or represent me or anyone I know.
I don't listen to knobs like cameron either in how I judge my view on this vote, I find it laughable that Johnson, gove, patel etc have looked down on the working class amd the north for years, but because they are saying leave the slyness of these people is ignored.

Both sides look down on the general public and patronise them, the difference is when society is shot to shit because of 30 years of it soul being ripped out and communities destroyed (not by immigration but by greed at the top) the offer of another option seems more appealing to what we have

Hannan wasn't talking specifically about trade in that segment where he mentions Japan and China or New Zealand and Australia. He'd moved on from talking about how people criticised Britain being unable to trade with other countries if they are to do it alone, to talking about how people's views of other countries not being able to trade with others by not being part of a trading union. TPP is trade agreement, not a trading union was incorrect and hypocritical. These countries that have agreed to TPP are not bound to only trade with TPP members, unlike the UK's membership with the EU prohibits them trading with any nation not trading with the EU.

He was also talking about proximity and how the notion you must enter into trade blocs or deals with close neighbours is so 70s. Japan being with the TPP rather supports that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.