Euros Ref and VAR

yeh not for me, i can work out 99% of the time why the officials have disallowed a goal or made a big decision whether i agree with it or not - that's all a bit to much pantomime.
It’d be better for fans actually there, I guess.

I’d be alright with it just being written on the screens though.

Have they run out of them as well?

"And there are logistical and cost differences.

A chipped ball across 51-63 games at the Euros or the World Cup covers a month and perhaps a dozen grounds.

UEFA, despite having the licence, has not yet extended the chipped ball to the UCL: 125 games, up to 32 grounds."

Genuine question - did you ever question the integrity of Goal Line Technology? If not, why is this any different?

There's zero way for the referee to influence the automated decision.

It then generates a graphic 5-10 mins after the decision process has been completed, in exactly the same way as Hawk-Eyes Goal Line Tech.

Are the toenail offsides silly? Yes, but only as silly as the John Stones 2mm goal line clearance that won us the league.

GLT uses higher speed cameras, 500 fps and so is 10x more accurate than SAOT.

Also, GLT is used for an actually factual decision. It's a binary decision. Goal or not. And it is immediate. Also, with goal decisions, there has never been an element of gaining an advantage, or giving the benefit of close calls to the attacker because of the original intention of the rule. Lukaku's offside is an example of SAOT insanity. Don't expect to change my mind just because they can show sexy graphics (how are they created again? Anyone know?).

And I hope all those who want it don't come complaining on here when Foden's knee is uncontrollably offside by mm again when this is introduced half way through the bloody season.

10 games. So that’s 1 round of PL fixtures which really means nothing.

However, the automated offside system seems to be much better - and if VAR worked like then you would all accept it ? Who would have thought that in time it would improve.
The automated system is a bit better but correct decisions depend entirely on the exact split second that the ball was played forward which can still be subjective.

The automated system is a bit better but correct decisions depend entirely on the exact split second that the ball was played forward which can still be subjective.
The new system removes that subjectivity.

The only subjectivity in the semi-automated system is around a player being active or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.