Ever seen what goes on inside a slaughterhouse?

PJMCC1UK said:
Quorn chicken style. It is not chicken so why try and make it like chicken. Thats my problem.
And you could put sauces on a piece of rotten meat and it would taste ok. Exactly why the French made sauces. But on it's own it's just a processed bit of mould.

Saying meat is murder ala Morrisey is pure ignorant. We're not running round slaughtering animals just out of an insane blood lust we are rearing them to be eaten. A great fete of the modern human to have gone from chasing them to farming them.

As for the animals being left if we all turned veggie. Lucas is right. They'd be well gone. The pigs we see on farms are nothing like the way they were when we hunted them. Look at the differences in them and wild boar. I doubt they'd survive. They've been bred to our own needs not their own.

Even with this talk of science growing meat flesh in the future. I'm glad I live now because that just sounds vile.
If you don't want to eat meat fine. But first stop calling your none meat products after meats. then stop acting like it's in some way wrong to kill something for food. You do after all kill the carrot.

your the kind of person I was talking about, We have nothing against chicken the product, it tastes nice, contains lots of good things for you BUT you have to slaughter to get it, now why not make something that tastes the same, has the same nutrients and involves no slaughter? quorn chicken style.

you seem to have no grasp on why people become vegetarian

Lucas North said:
pee dubya said:
Animals die without Humans actually killing them. I know nothing about the process of making leather, but do you have to manually slaughter an animal to be able to use it's skin?

Is farming sheep for meat commercially viable in its own right, in this country, without government subsidies?

Jeez, '' making leather '' ?

Leather is the dried skin of an animal, its hide, its pelt, cut off its carcass.

l thought anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that.

Sheep farming in this Country is on its arse, the majority of Lamb is imported from Australia/New Zealand.

Leather is manfucterd via the process of tanning animals skin yes, hence why i said leather is made. There's a bit more invloved than just drying it.

So sheep farming isn't commercially viable in this country, yes they still exist in this country, strange.

My point is, there are more uses for domesticated animals, purely than eating them, so i doubt they'd go extinct if we stopped eating them. I'm not actually saying that we should stop farming them for meat.

pee dubya said:
Lucas North said:
Jeez, '' making leather '' ?

Leather is the dried skin of an animal, its hide, its pelt, cut off its carcass.

l thought anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that.

Sheep farming in this Country is on its arse, the majority of Lamb is imported from Australia/New Zealand.

Leather is manfucterd via the process of tanning animals skin yes, hence why i said leather is made. There's a bit more invloved than just drying it.

So sheep farming isn't commercially viable in this country, yes they still exist in this country, strange.

My point is, there are more uses for domesticated animals, purely than eating them, so i doubt they'd go extinct if we stopped eating them. I'm not actually saying that we should stop eating them.

My apologies for being abrupt earlier.

Sheep farming for meat is still viable in certain areas, but there is not enough grazing land in this country to meet demand hence the need to import.

What other possible incentive or use is there for Male cattle (Bullocks) apart from steak or for Pigs apart from pork ?

I don't want to know what goes on in a slaughterhouse thanks.

I just want my steak to be well done.

BlueSam said:
your the kind of person I was talking about, We have nothing against chicken the product, it tastes nice, contains lots of good things for you BUT you have to slaughter to get it, now why not make something that tastes the same, has the same nutrients and involves no slaughter? quorn chicken style.

Your not wrong there. Meat is gorgeous.

Ha. I do get you in a way but if you like the taste then sorry you should get over where it comes from and eat the real deal. Either that or keep to mushroom rissotto. (messin I know loads of veggie dishes)

I wouldn't eat a carrot style chicken cos then it wouldn't be what it should be.

Lucas North said:
pee dubya said:

My point is, there are more uses for domesticated animals, purely than eating them, so i doubt they'd go extinct if we stopped eating them. I'm not actually saying that we should stop eating them.

My apologies for being abrupt earlier.

Sheep farming for meat is still viable in certain areas, but there is not enough grazing land in this country to meet demand hence the need to import.

What other possible incentive or use is there for Male cattle (Bullocks) apart from steak or for Pigs apart from pork ?

You'd still need some male bullocks for breeding i suppose.

Domestic pigs, not much, truffle hunting? Not in this country really. Apparently the smaller varieties make excellent pets.

If the animal wasn't my tea, then I'd probably care more but as it is and it tastes nice I'm not overly fussed.

BlueSam said:
PJMCC1UK said:
Quorn chicken style. It is not chicken so why try and make it like chicken. Thats my problem.
And you could put sauces on a piece of rotten meat and it would taste ok. Exactly why the French made sauces. But on it's own it's just a processed bit of mould.

Saying meat is murder ala Morrisey is pure ignorant. We're not running round slaughtering animals just out of an insane blood lust we are rearing them to be eaten. A great fete of the modern human to have gone from chasing them to farming them.

As for the animals being left if we all turned veggie. Lucas is right. They'd be well gone. The pigs we see on farms are nothing like the way they were when we hunted them. Look at the differences in them and wild boar. I doubt they'd survive. They've been bred to our own needs not their own.

Even with this talk of science growing meat flesh in the future. I'm glad I live now because that just sounds vile.
If you don't want to eat meat fine. But first stop calling your none meat products after meats. then stop acting like it's in some way wrong to kill something for food. You do after all kill the carrot.

Spot on! Again!

Do I like the taste of bacon? Yes. It's the fact it's an animal that I find off putting and that's why I choose not to eat it.

Doesn't taste the same though. And yes I've tried your alternative version. It's like puttin bacon fries on a butty and calling it a bacon style butty. Not happening.
If you like the taste of the animal then how can you be squemish of it being from an animal. I'd call that irrational.

PJMCC1UK said:
Doesn't taste the same though. And yes I've tried your alternative version. It's like puttin bacon fries on a butty and calling it a bacon style butty. Not happening.
If you like the taste of the animal then how can you be squemish of it being from an animal. I'd call that irrational.

lol the bacon fry sandwich made me laugh.

but I am kind of bored of this arguement... *throws pigs blood on you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.