Ever seen what goes on inside a slaughterhouse?

BlueSam said:
Submitting living creatures to a systematic and painful butchering just seems archaic.

What other possible use have they got ?

They are merely a commodity.

lf they weren't being reared to be used as food and eaten they would become extinct.

Lucas North said:
BlueSam said:
Submitting living creatures to a systematic and painful butchering just seems archaic.

lf they weren't being reared to be used as food and eaten they would become extinct.

You are saying that species that arent used for food go extinct? what?!

you mean the animals that we are rearing would not make it in the wild? I am lost

Lucas North said:
BlueSam said:

Milk, eggs, wool, leather etc.

I'm not a veggie but we eat an unneccesary amount of meat in this country

oh bollox, meat eater Vs Veggie Haymaker.

Name a veggie animal(exept by personal exception, due to some stupid ideal that no animals should suffer to extend another creatures life) with incisor teeth.

even the religeous, nutters said something about munching the stupid fuckers

BlueSam said:
Lucas North said:

You are saying that species that arent used for food go extinct? what?!

you mean the animals that we are rearing would not make it in the wild? I am lost

l don't think you are living in the real world.

lf we all turned veggie it would be the end for cattle, (apart from milkers), sheep and pigs as farmers wouldn't breed them as there would be no demand.

A lot of work goes into rearing livestock for slaughter and it is purely a commercial business.

lf you think farmers are going to allow these animals to roam wild on their land without any return then you are mistaken.

Plus they have to be taken indoors in the Winter months and fed expensive solid feed pellets ,so they are not equipped to survive in the wild anyway.

talkativesprout said:
oh bollox, meat eater Vs Veggie Haymaker.

Name a veggie animal(exept by personal exception, due to some stupid ideal that no animals should suffer to extend another creatures life) with incisor teeth.

even the religeous, nutters said something about munching the stupid fuckers

Fruit bats.

pee dubya said:
Lucas North said:

Pray tell, how are you going to obtain leather, without killing the fucking thing ?

Let me guess, you are a student ?

Wool is purely a bi-product and not commercially viable in its own right.

Lucas North said:
pee dubya said:

Pray tell, how are you going to obtain leather, without killing the fucking thing ?

Animals die without Humans actually killing them. I know nothing about the process of making leather, but do you have to manually slaughter an animal to be able to use it's skin?

Is farming sheep for meat commercially viable in its own right, in this country, without government subsidies?

Quorn chicken style. It is not chicken so why try and make it like chicken. Thats my problem.
And you could put sauces on a piece of rotten meat and it would taste ok. Exactly why the French made sauces. But on it's own it's just a processed bit of mould.

Saying meat is murder ala Morrisey is pure ignorant. We're not running round slaughtering animals just out of an insane blood lust we are rearing them to be eaten. A great fete of the modern human to have gone from chasing them to farming them.

As for the animals being left if we all turned veggie. Lucas is right. They'd be well gone. The pigs we see on farms are nothing like the way they were when we hunted them. Look at the differences in them and wild boar. I doubt they'd survive. They've been bred to our own needs not their own.

Even with this talk of science growing meat flesh in the future. I'm glad I live now because that just sounds vile.
If you don't want to eat meat fine. But first stop calling your none meat products after meats. then stop acting like it's in some way wrong to kill something for food. You do after all kill the carrot.

pee dubya said:
Lucas North said:

Animals die without Humans actually killing them. I know nothing about the process of making leather, but do you have to manually slaughter an animal to be able to use it's skin?

Is farming sheep for meat commercially viable in its own right, in this country, without government subsidies?

Jeez, '' making leather '' ?

Leather is the dried skin of an animal, its hide, its pelt, cut off its carcass.

l thought anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that.

Sheep farming in this Country is on its arse, the majority of Lamb is imported from Australia/New Zealand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.