Everton and David Moyes (merged)

Re: David Moyes

jimharri said:
EFC123 said:
Lescott is streets ahead of Toure both in terms of defending and goalscoring threat (8-10 per season for a CH). Even if it was 14m and thats it, Lescott is worth more than 4m on top of that.
Agreed about Lescott being better than Toure (i think most City fans think the same). However, re. the whole transfer saga. I would ask you one question. Has Gollum (or indeed any manager) ever paid the asking fee straight away, without trying to haggle and hammer the price down? Honestly?

Nope, in the same way you and me wouldnt buy a second hand car at the asking price (well I wouldnt anyway). But I'm sure we both wouldnt be talking about driving the car before the deal had been done and we had the keys either.

Anyway, I've given you our opinion on the deal and in the end I think its worked out for both. We may never have signed Hettiger, who has been a bargain at £5m.

On the subject of the abuse some of your fans suffered at our place (not your post I know). There are dickheads everywhere, my missus got spat on at the RS game a few weeks ago. Not nice but there you go.

EFC123 said:
jimharri said:
Agreed about Lescott being better than Toure (i think most City fans think the same). However, re. the whole transfer saga. I would ask you one question. Has Gollum (or indeed any manager) ever paid the asking fee straight away, without trying to haggle and hammer the price down? Honestly?

Nope, in the same way you and me wouldnt buy a second hand car at the asking price (well I wouldnt anyway). But I'm sure we both wouldnt be talking about driving the car before the deal had been done and we had the keys either.

Anyway, I've given you our opinion on the deal and in the end I think its worked out for both. We may never have signed Hettiger, who has been a bargain at £5m.

On the subject of the abuse some of your fans suffered at our place (not your post I know). There are dickheads everywhere, my missus got spat on at the RS game a few weeks ago. Not nice but there you go.

Didn't need Gollum to whip them into a frenzy though. The ungracious **** should have been charged by the FA over his inflammatory programme notes.

stony said:
EFC123 said:

Didn't need Gollum to whip them into a frenzy though. The ungracious **** should have been charged by the FA over his inflammatory programme notes.

What did he say again, I remeber reading it and felt Moyes was being a bit of a twat (I'm expecting some other dig prematch dig to be honest).

I think we will win, we are unlucky with injuries but at least robbie won't be playing.

EFC123 said:
jimharri said:

Thats true there are dickheads everywhere, but the thing that shocked me this season, across the park we had a great day out and the red-dippers were great, even though we are one of their main rivals this season. At your place I have not seen that much hatred since the 80s. Yet I for one have never seen Everton as rivals, in the 70s when we had a good team Everton sucked and in the 80s when you did we sucked. I actually used to have a soft spot for Everton, Liverpool as much more like the rags, but thats gone totally for me now, Everton are clearly 2nd on my list of teams I dislike......

I've always liked Moyes, think he's done a fantastic job at Everton, he disapointed me in the summer however with how he strung out the Lescott saga, understandable that he'd want top dollar for one of his most important players, but he was below the belt in some of his actions, but the programme notes he wrote before the Goodison game is what really got my goat, im sure it was used as a galvanising tactic for his players (which worked), but it made the future fixtures much more personal, and fuelling the growing hatred the clubs are showing to one another, he'll have them well up for tomorrow, I think were a side he never wants to lose to again, but hopefully the lads will have a burning desire to do these tomorrow, the goodison result and the "notes" Moyes wrote should be our inspiration tomorrow night, come on City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.