Everton enquire over availability of Ireland

We shouldn't let Ireland go, simples.

I know we have the possibilty of landing Silva but Ireland is more than capable of playing in this team given the chance. Ireland thrives around good players and I know he had a poor season last year but he was played out of position and in a more withdrawn role. he suits the free role perfectly and I think Mancini will play a 4-3-1-2 next season which will be ideal for him.

fatbloke said:

I know we have the possibilty of landing Silva but Ireland is more than capable of playing in this team given the chance. Ireland thrives around good players and I know he had a poor season last year but he was played out of position and in a more withdrawn role. he suits the free role perfectly and I think Mancini will play a 4-3-1-2 next season which will be ideal for him.

+1

England internationals are sold for an inflated price, even more so when they are a key player in the side that isn't very willing to sell.

Steven Ireland is not an England international and is a fringe player in your side, the valuation given is reasonable.

That said, although I'd welcome him at Goodison with open arms I doubt we could afford that price or even his wages. Added to that the fact that any money we do have is likely to be spent on a winger and there would probably be sides with a much bigger financial pull than us interested, non-starter for me.

fatbloke said:

Last season we had the best players we've had for nigh on 30 years. Last season was Stevie's worst in a City shirt.

I like him, but he just isn't that good (as in very top drawer).

Cheesy said:
fatbloke said:

Last season we had the best players we've had for nigh on 30 years. Last season was Stevie's worst in a City shirt.

You're deluded mate, or you just don't understand the game.

Players are suited to different styles and roles within a team. Last season he was played in a very withdrawn role in midfield and it restricts his play, Ireland is good at breaking from midfield and finding space to dictate a game not tackling and defending and winning the ball back. Its like De Jong playing up front and you saying he's shit because he does score 20 goals a season or putting Tevez in nets, you have to look for the good in players to get the best out of them not just critise what aren't their best qualities.

fatbloke said:
Cheesy said:

Players are suited to different styles and roles within a team. Last season he was played in a very withdrawn role in midfield and it restricts his play, Ireland is good at breaking from midfield and finding space to dictate a game not tackling and defending and winning the ball back. Its like De Jong playing up front and you saying he's shit because he does score 20 goals a season or putting Tevez in nets, you have to look for the good in players to get the best out of them not just critise what aren't their best qualities.

He's had one very good season in his time with us. Last season when played in his preferred role he was gash.

Look, he's a good player, no doubt about that. But he is nowhere near the player some on here seem to think he is. If he wasn't an academy product there wouldn't be half the fuss made about him.

Greenjob said:
All that bollocks last year with Hughes over Lescott was just a tactic by Golam to suck up to his role-model 'Bacon Face'. He wouldn't even do Roberto Mancini the honour of having a good ole fashioned stand up fisty-cuffs, what a tosser!
Plus the way he bad mouthed our club was unforegiveable, no fuck him.

LMFAO! Pure genius. hahahaha

Cheesy said:
fatbloke said:

He's had one very good season in his time with us. Last season when played in his preferred role he was gash.

Look, he's a good player, no doubt about that. But he is nowhere near the player some on here seem to think he is. If he wasn't an academy product there wouldn't be half the fuss made about him.

Never a truer word written on bluemoon

Cheesy said:
fatbloke said:

correction. he had one half of a very good season for us, after christmas he went right off the boil!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.