Everton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Just to add to the Sterling debate. Thought he was decent today. Even in this poor run of form he causes chaos and doubt in the backline.

I think we have been spoilt be some outstanding not normal stuff in the last 10 years and we criticise players so easily that would be another teams best player. Sterling and Jesus are two of those players that if put in 16 or 17 of the other prem teams become their best players by a margin.

Also watching WNRH after full time and seeing Horlock, Dickov and Morrison talking, seeing the tributes to Kun, Colin Bell etc got me considering how other fans experience their clubs. I know everyone has an attachment to their team but i wonder if ours is different due to its extremes? I don't know if any other fan base can hold players like Goater and Aguero in the same regard - despite the huge disparity in their ability and achievement there is an equality in our experience of and love for both those players.

Also big shout to Brian Kidd - there are very, very few people involved in football with his trophy haul and history. He's been there and done it several times over. Huge respect to him

Just to add to the Sterling debate. Thought he was decent today. Even in this poor run of form he causes chaos and doubt in the backline.

I think we have been spoilt be some outstanding not normal stuff in the last 10 years and we criticise players so easily that would be another teams best player. Sterling and Jesus are two of those players that if put in 16 or 17 of the other prem teams become their best players by a margin.

Also watching WNRH after full time and seeing Horlock, Dickov and Morrison talking, seeing the tributes to Kun, Colin Bell etc got me considering how other fans experience their clubs. I know everyone has an attachment to their team but i wonder if ours is different due to its extremes? I don't know if any other fan base can hold players like Goater and Aguero in the same regard - despite the huge disparity in their ability and achievement there is an equality in our experience of and love for both those players.

Also big shout to Brian Kidd - there are very, very few people involved in football with his trophy haul and history. He's been there and done it several times over. Huge respect to him
Kiddo. Manchester legend

Remember when we were 9th late November??

What a turn around! That “talk” by Ferni to bond them obviously worked.
I lost count the amount of times I was in tears today. When kun put in his first, it was like he was rolling back the years, un-complicated finish.
Today we proved we are worthy champions of the PL, yet some fans will always hate us. Fück them!
Powering into my second large glass of Sailor Jerrys and ice. Better not watch Peps interview again tonight, I’ll be crying again.

Onwards City, legendary stays awaits you on Saturday. Show the world just how good you can be!!!

Getting into the ground was a bit chaotic but whatever, difficult and unprecendented circumstances for the staff, so I won't be too harsh on them.
It was great attending a football match again, especially one so special.
I was there for Sergio's debut when he came off the bench and scored two and realised then he was a special and exciting player. Then to be lucky enough to be there for his last PL game where, you guessed it, he came off the bench to score two, well, I just feel honoured.
It was great to see the team lift the trophy at the end of such a demanding season but today felt like Aguero's day above all else.
What a player. The last of the 11/12 team. End of an era. What a ten years to be a City fan.

Really special day that. Took my old man who I have seen a handful of times this last year with him being so careful with the Covid situation. I had tears in my eyes most of the game as he is showing his age more and more. Will treasure today for ever.
That post making me shed a tear.
A day you'll never ever forget, Days like today are what life is all about spending these occasions with loved ones.

Brilliant City. Brilliant Sergio. I’ll miss him, and feel so lucky that I got to watch him for so long.

I thought overall Raheem was decent today, but he just can’t be trusted in front of goal in the biggest games. No way I’d put him in next week unless we’re winning and need more pressing in the attacking areas.

We look ready. Chelsea dont.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.