Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

I don’t know why so many on here seem to be scratching their heads as to why we aren’t as good this season. A team is made up of 11 individuals. When your 11 players aren’t as good as those who have been there before, it stands to reason that the collective gets weaker.

I’ve read on here all season how fantastic some of our players are…

Ake is our best defender and Akanji is Kompany reincarnate.

Let’s not forget Mahrez has the best 1st touch since football was invented.

We have Foden who can’t get into the side, in favour of a guy whose major contributions since he signed could be counted on one hand. If Southgate treated Foden like this, there would be uproar on here.

The only area of the pitch we have improved the quality is up front. Everywhere else we are weaker than we have been for years. Ake and Akanji are not Dias and Laporte. Mahrez and Grealish are levels below those they have replaced. Almost every game it feels like we need KDB magic, or robot Haaland coming good. We used to threaten the opposition from all over the pitch. Those days are seemingly long gone.

There is a lot of mediocrity in this side and unfortunately a significant portion of the fanbase are seemingly ok with it. There are 4 or 5 players in this side seeing the amount of game time their performances don’t merit. As long as this continues, we will be winning fuck all.

A collective piss poor performance, no player standing out today. We need to try a 442 soon , get Alvarez involved a lot more in the starting eleven

Arsenal taking the lead after 2 mins tells us everything about them. They are Champions in waiting. 3 titles on the bounce is too difficult.
We handed them two of our players so we shouldn’t really be surprised. Both instrumental in getting them to where they are now.

Still got one man contributing nothing in the vast majority of play
It’s exactly the same as Ronaldo last year, he scored shit loads but they suffered as a whole, nobody argued that though cos it was Ronaldo and United
He’s a killer in front of goal and amazing goal scorer but for me Peps best teams have 11 all involved at all times

Preferred us to watch and thought we dominated the game more without him

I have constantly been attacked and called far worse by the happy clapper crowd so bring it on. We have far too many complacent fans who won’t criticise and if they hear criticism can’t take it. I support the team 100% and always will. I will also call out what I’m watching and speak the truth about how I feel. It was not just “one of those days” we have had a lot of poor performances this season and without Haalands goals we would be in big trouble and already fighting for the top 4. Arsenal deserve to be at the top. Been better than us and look like they want it far more. We seriously need to improve as we ain’t winning champions league either if we continue to play like this every other game!

Go and lie down

Ruben and Aymeric didn't look that great at the world cup, but we miss their ball passing skills. Stones and Akanji are both decent defenders, but the former needs Ruben next to him and the latter has been thrown in at the deep end by Pep. The weather and pitch were harsh today still we played on a horrible pitch a few days before and looked fantastic.
Can't fathom why Phil only got 15 minutes - he's in good form and the number of times he got the ball from his teammates in those 15 minutes shows how much trust the team's got in him.

Arsenal taking the lead after 2 mins tells us everything about them. They are Champions in waiting. 3 titles on the bounce is too difficult.
We’re not even half way. Arsenal are not champions in waiting. An injury here and there and they’re on course to fall down the table.

We are champions in waiting. Us and our squad depth, our ability to win and more important than anything, the experience to get first position secured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.