Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

I agree.

Also.....

We will still be moaning about dropping points to Btentford/Everton on the match thread after twatting Chelsea The Rags :-)
We have 2 to 4 of these performances every year. It was a perfect storm today for Everton. . The fuckers on sky are saying Arsenal fans will be opening the champagne tonight. Fucking numpties. We will come back . That I know

PL mins:
Foden 930 mins - 7 goals and 3 assists
Mahrez 548 mins - 1 goal 1 assist
Grealish 710 mins - 1 goal and 2 assists

Our wingers are just not doing enough. Mahrez and Grealish have a combined 1300 mins with 5 goal contributions?!?

Far cry from Sane/Sterling days

Saw this on Twitter - regardless of Haalands goals this is simply not good enough.

You can criticise Everton and the ref but I've seen walking football played quicker and with more intensity than we played for a lot of that game.

Plus why do we always fail to close down players around our box? Cracking goal by Gray but how the hell did he have so much time to pick his spot? We certainly didn't get the same consideration at the other end of the field.

Last edited:
I think Ake is very good and has certainly been in better form than Dias and Laporte this season to date. However, I too would prefer a settled defence, I just can't see it though when we have 5 decent CBs. All are going to want game time. I think we need to move one of them on and strengthen at FB, which is where we are weakest defensively.
We could have moved one on to Chelsea in the summer for a very good price. For some reason we didn’t and having 5 players fighting for 2 spots is not proving to be healthy competition.

For me Pep made the changes at least ten minutes too late. Grealish doesn't cut the mustard in most games. Foden is by far the superior player in comparison, Kev wasn't up to his usual standards but that happens occasionally. I dont know why Cancello and Walker didn't start because they're our best fullback pairing. The lethargic pace we played at got right on my Onions more than anything else. It's not a disaster by any means and we'll push on in '23 I've no doubts. Happy New Year Blues.

Sort of,we look slightly unbalanced with him in the side at times and more open to conceding goals as well unfortunately could be the downside of having him in the team,but I’m not paid the huge amounts to fix it with a formation that suits,that’s on pep ..
I am not sure I agree. We have the third fewest goals conceded, and among those, many were based on just poor defending, as was the case today.

Haaland isn’t at fault for players playing passes straight to opposition feet in midfield and, even then, three defenders not closing a player down, before said player curls a shot literally in to the far top corner.

I’d say Haaland has had little to nothing to do with about half of the goals we have allowed this season.

PL mins:
Foden 930 mins - 7 goals and 3 assists
Mahrez 548 mins - 1 goal 1 assist
Grealish 710 mins - 1 goal and 2 assists

Our wingers are just not doing enough. Mahrez and Grealish have a combined 1300 mins with 5 goal contributions?!?

Far cry from Sane/Sterling days

Saw this on Twitter - regardless of Haalands goals this is simply not good enough.
Ah but Grealish gives us more control didn’t you know?

A word of advice, mate. When you use irony, sprinkle your post with winks and other emojis otherwise some posters just don’t get it.
TBH this is only about 60% irony. Foden is rated as one of the most expensive players in the world and he's only used in the dying minutes of matches. If you have a Ferrari you don't leave it in the garage all the time while you drive your Prius, it's a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.