Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Demarai Gray will not score a better goal for the rest of his career , why did he save it for today ? It rminded me of the Palace goal a few seasons ago by Townsend.

Why doesnt Pep vary his tactics against park the bus teams , we knew exactly what Everton would do when they picked five at the back , so as an alternative we needed to get to the bye line and cut crosses back into the penalty box , Alvarez and Foden have pace and are capable enough to do this , it should have been changed at half time to give Lampard something to think about , not in the 85th minute. Mahrez and Grealish havent got the pace to trouble teams who play like Everton did today.
Hate turning the clock back and mentioning ex-players , whats done is done , but i would swap Grealish or Mahrez back for Sterling in a heartbeat , he opened up teams and scored big goals

We’re not playing like a title winning team. Three home games on the bounce against mediocre opponents and we’ve struggled for 270 minutes, labouring through the games.

Little Rico had a good game but he spent 90% of it in midfield. We’d be better served playing an extra genuine midfielder in there. Everton’s goal was hailed as a worldy by the uninitiated but it was poor defending and possibly poor keeping too.

I’d have brought Cancelo on after 60 mins or so, it needed a little bit of magic from somebody coming from deep.

We need an Assistant manager that will actually tell Pep what's going wrong because at the moment we are having far too many of these games

I understand that we are all looking for answers when I don't think there is an easy answer, but the narrative about assistant managers seems bonkers to me. Or at the very least completely untestable and removed from what we can judge on which is on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.