Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Rodri gets way too much credit for what he brings to the side. He routinely slows down the tempo of our play, rarely picks out a killer pass. Positionally he's poor and physically he's one paced and looks leggy.

He needs legs around him in the deeper role to cover the ground he can't, it's why Pep's had Rico/Bernardo alongside him for long spells.

His biggest flaws were there to see for the Everton equaliser, plays a hopeless hospital ball that gets cut out for the counter - and on the track back is positionally awful and neither presses the man with the ball or fills in a vacant spot at the back. Just mindlessly gets back and behind the ball, and they ping one top bins.

He has his pros, but he's an incredibly frustrating player sometimes.
I like Rodri a lot but I tend to agree. Fernandinho almost had an innate sense of where to be positionally that I've never really seen from Rodri.

Just home from the game and I’m sure everything I think has already been said but I can’t read through 66 pages.

Horrible Everton tactics - tick
Horrible officiating - tick

But, we were absolutely awful today. We were really poor against Brentford but I think we might actually have been worse today.

It’s not fair to single out any one player as at least 8 of our starting eleven were terrible, but I will say that was KDB’s worst performance of the season and possibly of his City career. Nothing he tried came off and I have never seen him fail to find a teammate so often.

We are going to have do something really special to turn this around as it looks like Arsenal are not going to do us any favours. With his undoubted genius surely Pep can figure out how to beat teams that don’t Want to engage in a game of football.
I will trump that, Pep

Mid table???

As long as we win the champs league that’s the sacrifice I’d take now because at the moment the team looks a tired team and why shouldn’t they two league titles hard thought a World Cup! Maybe we liven up a bit in the next month but winning titles takes it out of players the intensity the pressure eventually catches up with you!

Brilliant post LB. I really can't fathom out the attutude of some (quite a few, actually) posters on here who have seemingly thrown in the towel. Have they no memory of this past decade? 4 of the 6 PL titles won/secured (you choose) on the final day of the season. Do I think we'll win it this season? I haven't got a clue, no more than the doom mongers. But I'm not going to give up the title yet. And I trust that Pep and the players haven't either. We fight on.
Thank you.
I’ll be interested to ask the thoughts of the doom merchants in May, when we lift our third title on the trot.

I think the lack of experience in lewis is what caused the goal, they had way too much time on the ball in our box. Can you remember a time when we get that much time in the box unchallenged
Nothing to do with Rhodri giving the ball away for the ‘n’th time ?

Absolute wank PEP. You have the biggest squad in the league and also 5 subs and you ballsed it up in both counts.
3 games upon the return from the WC and you have played basically the same team for 3 tough games over 9 days (which probably now leaves the likes of Rodri and KDB shattered for Chelsea)
Once again Grealish and Mahrez useless and a back 4 all over the place.

Very poor performance. Dross game with all the stoppages and we are becoming too reliant on KDB. If he doesn’t perform then it seems no one else can. That’s 5 points tossed away in the last 2 games at home against sides we should be beating.

Their goal was a joke too. Who allows someone to slip, still have time to get up, line up a shot and just plonk it in the net like that. Amateurish defending. One shot, one goal. Dreadful.

Very disappointing performance, where we created very little against a physical, anti football Everton team. Not ready to throw in the towel yet, but the way we are playing (especially at home) and dropping points at home to lesser teams I don't fancy our chances in the League this season.

I think the cups are the best chance of success this year and hopefully a CL, albeit we will need to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.