Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

First of all, sincerely respect the question, and that is sincere. Just my personal opinion. I think Pep is at his best when he has a strong assistant. Lillo was fantastic especially with the defence. Arteta was also excellent. I feel this season there is nobody to question Pep’s tactics. Today was a casing point. No Phil, and subs way too late. Pep accepted himself that Lillo made some excellent calls against Pep’s calls in game. Pep said he was critical as was Arteta. Rodolfo, is a much weaker assistant. We have no pace in the midfield and on the wings. We are a shadow of the side of the Centurions team. Pep needs a strong assistant manager asap. Plus there is a manager undertaking a great audition. Game on.
I don’t disagree with you there. I think Pep does need to do better.

I just think evidence shows he has the capacity to do that and I don’t want to write us off based on Brentford (when every player bar Haaland was just trying to avoid injury) and tonight, when the referee was doing everything in his power to frustrate us whilst we are already underperforming.

well if we win it's all on Pep, funny that .
we are still in December and the title is out of our hands . let that sink in.
we are miles weaker than last season .
Pep can't stop us being cheated but he can put players out who can combat it.
Pep is the issues at the moment, no matter of his part successes.

City's perrenial mid season blip. Weve had this in every season we've won the Premier League. Nothing about today was good but its like Palace at home in 18 and last year, Spurs at home etc

Arsenal havent had their blip ... yet. I cant believe some are ready to throw the towel in before the halfway point?
It's not even like today was an awful match - Everton had almost no chances, and were hugely lucky to score. City hit the post, had a goalmouth scramble that should have been a goal, could have had a penalty, and missed a couple of big chances in front of goal.

A change in wind direction and that game could have easily ended 3-0 - which would much better reflect City's dominance.

City's perrenial mid season blip. Weve had this in every season we've won the Premier League. Nothing about today was good but its like Palace at home in 18 and last year, Spurs at home etc

Arsenal havent had their blip ... yet. I cant believe some are ready to throw the towel in before the halfway point the

This result was on pep. and most of the bad results this season is on pep. he still has no idea how to break down a mid block these shitty teams are employing. he is vacating and conceding the middle of the pitch by getting bernardo wide and hence isolating KDB who get frustrated and also moves wide. this results in us having no one in the middle to connect with Haaland and he end up getting isolated and feeding of shitty crosses
He needs a strong assistant manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.