Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Are we becoming one dimensional with Haaland, everyone is looking for him yet the last few seasons everyone was scoring, why if we are playing against a back 5 are we not trying to get behind the fullback because we play with inverted wingers, if we didn’t we could hit the byline and cross or pullback, Grealish did fuck all he’s hampered out there I don’t care if Pep thinks he’s doing well he isn’t exactly going to slag him off. Everton came with a plan and Pep should’ve known this, the late subs etc do not help.
It was one of the worst games I’ve seen under Pep, the referee was a disgrace, Everton fucking awful I’d hate to watch that every week and we seem lacklustre and not up for it. I don’t concede anything until it’s mathematically impossible but it’s going to be hard to chase down arsenal and them rag bastards aren’t far behind us either. We need to have an impeccable January or we could be fighting for top 4 nevermind the title.

We struggle in these games. Teams who come with nothing to lose, defend well, waste time and wait for us to take a nap. Rot started before Brentford - Brighton and Fulham also shaky. And Palace. Score lines have flattered us. Referees don’t. We beat United at a canter and go toe to toe with Liverpool but your scrappy fcs are figuring us out this season. We get cut off in the final third. I’m more worried about Wolves than Chelsea.

Last edited:
Very frustrating too watch, very stop start. Ref and Everton themselves spoilt the flow of the game. Needed a stronger ref and we needed that second goal. Typical to concede with their only meaningful shot I can remember??
Disappointing obviously to drop points but still a hell of a lot of games too play.
And as we all know, we're more than capable of getting a good run together and we almost always fight to the end! Think positive!

Every thing you hate about football - or lack of it - today.

Pedestrian performance from us,

Total anti-football from Everton and...

and that fuckin' ref.

What a shit day.

Happy New Year everyone.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
Anti football v anyone else in the league, V us they were heroic, brave and clever apparently

Laughable how predictable this place is, just not allowed to criticise best manager in the world….

Selection was shite, subs were shite.
Pep is not invincible, he makes mistakes and whilst I agree he should have made subs earlier, that team that started today should have been g ood enough to beat Everton.

Not sure if I'm being bias but I feel like teams dont sit back as much to others as they do against us. It feels like EVERY team outisde top 6ish just come to defend for 90 mins, we need at least one tricky winger, grealish and mahrez cannot beat a man.

Reminded me of my first marriage, went rapidly downhill after 24 minutes and just left you with feelings of anger and frustration at the end

Last edited:
Just got back in and haven't read all the thread.
Poor team selection from Pep - surely rotation demanded that Walker, Cancelo, Foden should have started, also Laporte?
Again subs made far too late.
Rely too much on KDB and when he has a poor game it shows.
Grealish ineffective, particularly second half.
Didn't get Haaland into the game enough ( particularly second half).
Mahrez was poor, always cutting back in as is his wont when we needed him to go wide and stretch the Everton defence ( tbf to Mahrez he did lay on the first and cross for Rodri (?) who could have nicked it at the end. Having Bernie a left footer on that side didn't help.
Not seen a replay of the Haaland tackle - quite a few were expecting a red.
Shit day all rounded with the Arse now seven ahead we have a mountain to climb given our tough run of fixtures coming up ( although ironically playing better sides who are more open could suit us).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.