Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need really, Kenwright owns around 1.7% now.
Had the chance to get rid of Kenwright in 2004 but at about the same time Rooney was sold and this probably saved us from financial oblivion at the time.
I thought Bill owned about 6%, and just assumed that was the 6% that was still out of Moshiri's control.

You reap what you sew Everton fans.

The fucking shit and vitriol you gave us after we signed Lescott.

Poaching Kendall back and his infamous City is a love affair, Everton is a marriage bull shit.

You now bring back drunken Duncan (let's give him a shout that loud he can hear you in Barlinnie). Small minded club wasting yet another transfer window appointing an interim, who by September will be moaning that their new appointment will need X number of transfer windows to stamp his authority on the squad.

Get a fucking manager sooner rather than later and back them this window.

How not to run a club.
Bit harsh.

I like Everton and their fans are sound.

the opposite to their horrid neighbours.

Just hope they go nowhere near granny shagger or I will end up wanting them to get relegated

I thought Bill owned about 6%, and just assumed that was the 6% that was still out of Moshiri's control.
No, as far as am aware the 92% is Moshiri, 1.7% Uncle Bill and remainder is other shareholders.
I think Moshiri keeps Kenwright there as like him or love him, he probably knows the running of the club better than anyone. The problem is we are like a pension fund for ex players and even managers. Martinez took us to court for over £10 million and it seems we could still accept him as manager.

Lost 1-0 at home to Slippy Steve's mob. I don't think they'll go down but if they fund a bid by Brentford to buy Hans Segers then you'll know they are worried.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to Everton if Hans Segars hadn’t let three goals in to keep them up.

You see some clubs like City Norwich Southampton going down (and down) and coming back up in quick time, others like Leeds Leicester SheffUtd Wolves over a longer period, and others like SheffWed and Forest not coming back.

Sunderland are down (and down) now, Preston were a big club once, Bolton were once City’s major rival (1904+1926 FA Cup finals, many other big games between the two clubs, and the two biggest clubs in our conurbation when United were nothing)… but over time some clubs never recapture that size they were in a previous moment in time.

what would have happened to Everton without Segars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost 1-0 at home to Slippy Steve's mob. I don't think they'll go down but if they fund a bid by Brentford to buy Hans Segers then you'll know they are worried.
I watched the match today and, for the first time, I think they could get relegated. There was no lack of effort but the quality of their football was staggeringly bad. No tactics, just relentless long balls lumped into the channels or the box. They look worse than Brentford, Watford, Norwich, and even Newcastle.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to Everton if Hans Segars hadn’t let three goals in to keep them up.

You see some clubs like City Norwich Southampton going down (and down) and coming back up in quick time, others like Leeds Leicester SheffUtd Wolves over a longer period, and others like SheffWed and Forest not coming back.

Sunderland are down (and down) now, Preston were a big club once, Bolton were once City’s major rival (1904+1926 FA Cup finals, many other big games between the two clubs, and the two biggest clubs in our conurbation when United were nothing)… but over time some clubs never recapture that size they were in a previous moment in time.

what would have happened to Everton without Segars?
Segers never kept everton up, it's one of those urban myths. Sheffield United got beat by Chelsea and Everton stayed up. Had Sheffield United won they would have been relegated regardless of the result at Goodison

Whatever, it amused the locals at Hillsborough where we played that day.
Whatever, it amused the locals at Hillsborough where we played that day.
Weird how football fans react. I remember a conversation with a Bolton fan who said a disallowed goal v Everton caused them to be relegated - even though the aforementioned game was played over the festive period !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.