Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive gotta admit i have a soft spot for everton for two reasons.
they always remind me of us pre mansour always getting twatted by your neighbours and then ridiculed relentlessly.
and secondly i work with thousands of scousers most of them are red dippers but theres a few i work with are everton fans and they get hammered by the victims every week.
i secretly would love them to get bought out and rise above them cunts.
They did get bought out, and showed that money helps if spent well....and useless if spent unwisely, and to say spent unwisely at Everton is a massive understatement.

they always remind me of us pre mansour always getting twatted by your neighbours and then ridiculed relentlessly.
and secondly i work with thousands of scousers most of them are red dippers but theres a few i work with are everton fans and they get hammered by the victims every week.
Errr they have been bought out and are fucking it up, you want them to get two bites at it?

Give the chance to someone like Sunderland instead.

Clearly a lot to do and a long way to go, but we have hope. It was a great atmosphere in the ground. Good to see the fans unite and get behind a manager again. A cup run would be nice, but we really need those league points on the board. I am more optimistic now that we can stay up. The useless kopite has been binned and Frank, well? I have a good feeling about him. Let's stay in the prem and start to fix some of the dross bit by bit.

By the way. We bumped into Dele Alli as he came through the car park... It's a sign ha ha
Lucky you didn't injure him.

They did get taken over and wasted £550m?

I watched the game yesterday and it was manic. Everton put in a tremendous amount of effort and you have to ask yourself why they haven't been putting in that kind of effort for months? That's the minimum they should be doing and even the top teams put that workrate in. It's just usually their extra quality wins games, but it's built from a base of hard graft.

I've always thought Everton would stay up as there are three worst teams but for a couple of weeks it looked like they were in freefall. I think they'll be okay now.

They have rich owner comparable to Abramovich, but have shitty owner and dof who didn't spent the money wisely. Fix that problem and i can see them steadily rise to challenge for top 4 constantly for the next three season.

What a refreshing change watching us yesterday was. From minute 1 the team pressed high, forced errors, played a high tempo and kept the ball on the floor. The fans were unbelievable too, best atmosphere at Goodison in years. Hopefully that continues even when the threat of relegation subsides (fingers crossed)

Yes that high press wont work against teams like yourselves, Chelsea, Liverpool etc as top players can beat the press. However most teams in the league will struggle if you press well as a team.

They have set a bar for effort and work rate now so it must continue. We had Iwobi making sliding challenges for gods sake

Special note to Gordon who is developing into a really special player and Van De Beek. He was outstanding, winning tackles, 50/50's, very composed on the ball and helped us keep the ball well. Was concerned when we got him about his ability to cope with the pace and power of the league as a few Utd managers didnt fancy him and its obviously not due to tecnical quality coming from Ajax, so I was under the impression he was a bit lightweight - not at all.

Not completely safe yet but a few more like that and we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.