Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of wishful thinking in the Everton statement, they would have been better off keeping a lot of that to themsleves.

If the rules change next year, they'll be assessed against those rules. It has fuck all to do with this year with these current rules.

Also don't think there is a real double jeopardy defence either. Two different breaches in two different reporting periods.

As for the appeal, there may be something in waiting for the outcome of that before finalising a punishment this time around. But Everton did admit the breach, and I thought the appeal was more about the extent of the punishment given the mitigating factors, not that the decision to find them guilty was wrong.

There's not a fan of any club outside ours who hasn't thoroughly enjoyed seeing us abused from pillar to post for the last 10 years so I hope they'll forgive me if I don't cry when their clubs suffer.

That said, I do not like to see evil prosper so I'd be prepared to overlook their ill-judged decision to side with the cartel if only they'd cease this "look at City" mentality and acknowledge that they have been royally conned.

If I were in charge at City, I'd pitch in with a statement saying "we told you so" but that would be childish.

Fans are fans regardless of clubs. You have 80% sensible ones and 20% absolute gobshites.

Forest were meant to be one of the clubs suing us for our last breach. Their fans were all giddy. The Geordies found it funny too and couldnt wait for us to go down. However Forest are now in the same position as us and the Geordies have just been hit with a big dose of reality. So its easy for me to sit and say haha.

This isnt about Everton. I feel sorry for Forest only being able to be £61m over (not £105m) due to coming up when the promoted sides are the ones who need to spend more to try and just survive. Thats basically a rule designed to push the same 3 teams back down. I feel for Villa in the summer not being able to kick on, I feel for the Geordies being hamstrung too. Imagine they have to sell Isak then Chelsea or Arsenal buy him? What is the point?

I agree there needs to be some rules but they have to be fair to every team, regardless of finances. Any rule which involves spend being controlled by revenue is always going to benefit the already establish big/rich clubs to keep them at the top.

Last edited:
Fans are fans regardless of clubs. You have 80% sensible ones and 20% absolute gobshites.

Forest were meant to be one of the clubs suing us for fur last breach. Their fans were all giddy. The Geordies fpund it funny too and couldnt wait for us to go down. However Foreat are now in the same position as us and the Geordies have just been hit with a big dose of reality. So its easy for me to sit and say haha.

This isnt about Everton. I feel sorry for Forest only being able to be £61m over (not £105m) due to coming up when the promoted sides are the ones who need to spend more to try and just survive. Thats basically a rule designed to push the same 3 teams back down. I feel for Villa in the summer not being able to kick on, I feel for the Geordies being hamstrung too. Imagine they have to sell Isak then Chelsea or Arsenal buy him? What is the point?

I agree there needs to be some rules but they have to be fair to every team, regardless of finances. Any rule which involves spend being controlled by revenue is always going to benefit the already establish big/rich clubs to keep them at the top.
It’s a joke and surely every football fan with a brain can see through this. What’s worse for me is this is bullying, pure and simple. Sheik Mansour and CFG have already gone to war on this and armed with the finest lawyers in the world. Add in the Middle East investment in the U.K. such as buying our military aircraft from BAE Systems etc, they’re very careful now about what they do. I think they see Everton and Forest as “soft touches” they can use as pawns as they try to prove to the U.K. government they can keep their house in order without regulatory help. Which is as we all know is bollocks. This is just one more symptom of football killing itself, death by a thousand cuts. Everyone fighting over a carcass until there’s nothing left, just us fans picking up the pieces.

Strong statement by us too.

Not sure how the double jeopardy argument would work. If that sticks then surely if you fail PSR then then next wm2 years you can spend whatever you like as it would cover part of the same period.

What a joke of a statement Everton released. Is there actually anyone in charge at that club? Wont miss them when they go down(or bust).

Not sure how the double jeopardy argument would work. If that sticks then surely if you fail PSR then then next wm2 years you can spend whatever you like as it would cover part of the same period.
Plus, FFP/PSR 3 year rolling period isn't new. It's not as if they hadn't complied with/understood it before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.