Everton Thread - 2023/24

Need an independent regulator now and suspend all points deductions on provision that the clubs are found in the right direction in the next two years they doing everything they can to put it right! After two years if it doesn't look like it then dock those team points!

Seems no club thought they were serious about points deductions and just expected a fine or transfer embargo at worse! You see it now with clubs knowing they serious about point deductions that they going to be more frugal and saying they need to sell first!! It's a mess..

The PL already has the ability for ongoing review of finances when a club loses between 15 million and 105 million over three years. It's when it goes over 105 million that it gets into points territory.....

Didn't they already do that with Everton but they were punished heavily because the PL said they weren't serious? I may have dreamed that :)

The PL already has the ability for ongoing review of finances when a club loses between 15 million and 105 million over three years. It's when it goes over 105 million that it gets into points territory.....

Didn't they already do that with Everton but they were punished heavily because the PL said they weren't serious? I may have dreamed that :)

They didn't take PSR seriously because they really thought it wasn't going to a points deduction! If they were wanted at the start of the 3 year monitoring period that if you fail by 5m it will be a 3 point deduction it's seems those deductions of points was thrown in the rules 12 months ago...

Last edited:
Well that’s another genius move by the Premier League. They could easily line up the reporting period with the end of the transfer window, but no, they put it right in the middle, so that clubs that everyone knows are in financial trouble get screwed on price. It seems insane to me that you wouldn’t end the period at the end of the most recent transfer window, where clubs can actually do something about it, rather than the end of the season.
Everyone should at the end of a transfer period be able to calculate where they will be financially at an arbitrary point in time until the next transfer window. The conditions are clear. So there isn't really any excuse IMHO. I don't think the timing matters much mate.

They didn't take PSD seriously because they really thought it wasn't going to a points deduction! If they were wanted at the start of the 3 year monitoring period that if you fail by 5m it will be a 3 point deduction it's seems those deductions of points was thrown in the rules 12 months ago...

And this is why City are taking the allegations against them so seriously. Prudence suggests you fight charges as if you are going to get the ultimate punishment. If you don't in any walk of life you will be, well, buggered, basically.

And that is why the City case is taking so long. Shame more people in the press haven't got the intellect to see that.

To me it seems like the pl just randomly chooses which clubs to investigate. Red tops dont seem to be investigated with a fine tooth comb.

This whole business stinks and is supported by our bent press/media. I mean why the fuck was the bbc reporting on this from the Etihad ?
Especially as they could have just walked over the bridge and used the swamp as a backdrop.

And this is why City are taking the allegations against them so seriously. Prudence suggests you fight charges as if you are going to get the ultimate punishment. If you don't in any walk of life you will be, well, buggered, basically.

And that is why the City case is taking so long. Shame more people in the press haven't got the intellect to see that.
I thought we are fighting them because its not a psr breach if it was a psr breach that would be easily provable because the figures would be right there in our accounts and we would be punished accordingly, what they are accusing us of is falsifying our accounts so we didnt preach psr rules or ffp or whatever you want to call it this week and therefore they are basically accusing us of fraud which is entirely more serious, this is what the press seem to be completely oblivious too and why they will go into meltdown when nothing happens.

To me it seems like the pl just randomly chooses which clubs to investigate. Red tops dont seem to be investigated with a fine tooth comb.

This whole business stinks and is supported by our bent press/media. I mean why the fuck was the bbc reporting on this from the Etihad ?
Yes especially since travel costs seem to be no object. Step forward Slimy Stone and the Rags preseason tour shindig.

The BBC have a local Murkyside reporter.

Just more agenda pile on to subliminally influence the hordes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.