Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair method is to restrict their spending. Points deductions should only be for things like match-fixing etc.
Reason for a points deduction is that they were deemed to have gained a sporting advantage in that other clubs who didn't break the rules were disadvantaged in respect of league position, which obviously could have an affect on income and even worse relegation
An explanation not saying I agree

Reason for a points deduction is that they were deemed to have gained a sporting advantage in that other clubs who didn't break the rules were disadvantaged in respect of league position, which obviously could have an affect on income and even worse relegation
I appreciate that but that’s where it becomes a farce. If a club intentionally try to get an advantage by overspending then they probably won’t do it if the punishment is, say, 3 or 5 times the level over the next few seasons. A pts deduction doesn’t make sense as there’s no way to correlate the amount of overspend with the points achieved.

have they scrutinised every teams accounts with fine tooth comb or take their word for them being of good faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.