Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not see the likes of Kenwright again a committed fan who became Chairman of the club and only wanted the best for his club , like Franny Lee he had blue blood in his vains and both of them faced a lot of criticism when they were in charge of their respectful clubs , but both proper football men , R-I-P and sympathies to Bill's family.

I did not like what he did to the club in the latter years. The lies over the headlock where awful. I have wanted him gone for a long time now.

Nobody would want this for him though, and my thoughts are with his family now.

R.I.P Bill

Very sad news about Bill Kenwright, when I look at the situation he was in in his latter years at Everton it makes me sad that the way football moves away from football men like him and David Moores at my old Club Liverpool all people who lived and breathed there football clubs all eventually get replaced by richer soulless people or organisations based purely on they have more money and are richer than them. It gets to the point were even there own fans turn against them when they don’t sell up quick enough. I guess this is just another part of the modern game and fan.

Another sad part is Kenwright never got the chance to say goodbye to Goodison Park and see his belovered blue boys run out at the new Everton Stadium.

R.I.P. Bill...

No different to how someone like Swales was treated at City.
I think the difference is that he was still in charge, whereas Swales had sold, allowing the worst of the animosity to have subsided a bit before he died.

Theres’s no doubt Kenwright loved Everton. He got too old and stubborn, but that’s not always easy to see from within.

Guess it ends Everton’s Goodison chapter and the new stadium and owners can start the next.

RIP Bill.

We will not see the likes of Kenwright again a committed fan who became Chairman of the club and only wanted the best for his club , like Franny Lee he had blue blood in his vains and both of them faced a lot of criticism when they were in charge of their respectful clubs , but both proper football men , R-I-P and sympathies to Bill's family.
The days of clubs being owned by local businessmen and the like are long since gone……unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.