Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be ashamed on an owner building a new stadium, investing in a team to attempt to compete to win titles?

Why the hell would ANY fan be angry with that?
But breaking the rules along the way.

Oh, and while I am here. Come on Qatar. Buy Everton tomorrow, invest heavily in them and get them up to the top of the table.

Imagine what that would do to Liverpool :)
Aside from litigation costs incoming their huge debts they could pick Everton for next to nothing. Save that 5 billion they would have paid to Manure.

The points deduction for Everton is well over the top for such a 'minor breach'
Minor breach hmmmm I'm sure someone hasn't even been charged for bigger losses.
I wonder who that could be and why they haven't been charged?
It's clear and obvious why they've received such harsh penalties.
It's us.
You've only gotta look at the way it's being reported.
Unfortunately Everton are getting the shitty end of the stick because the so called 'elite' clubs want a precedent set for us.
Hopefully they can get it reduced under appeal.
My biggest problem with all this.
Something I posted in the charges thread..

All this talk from clubs suing other clubs is disgraceful.
I would boot them out of all leagues if they go ahead with this.
You have to let the football governing bodies deal with it whether you agree with it or not.
I’d include us in that if we’d decided to sue Liverpool over the hacking scandal.
Use Leicester as an example.
They want to sue Everton cos they got relegated but are totally ignoring the fact they got promoted to the premier league by failing ffp.
Hypocritical cunts.
It’d also open the floodgates.
Where would it stop?
Not just relegation, clubs could say you cost us league positions, top 4, knocked out of cups etc..
If the PL and FA really has clubs financial best interests at heart they need to put a stop this nonsense right now.
Everton aren’t exactly one of my favourite clubs but I don’t wanna see them risk going out of business because other clubs are being greedy because they wasn’t good enough on a football pitch.

The sooner we get an independent regulator the better.
Certain clubs have far too much influence within the premier league and this goes to show it's got nothing to do with fair play or financial stability, it's about protecting the cartel and they couldn't give a shit whether a club goes to the wall just as long as they're alright.
As I said earlier, Pandoras box is well and truly open now. I agree with everything you say, however I don't believe an independent government appointed regulator will reduce the risk of clubs suing for anything and everything in the future, as they will see it as a business first and foremost.

The game as we know it is well and truly fucked by this decision, which in itself is a culmination of bad decisions and bad legislation going back a decade

Add Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, Morgan Stanley, Virgin,Fedex and Amazon to that list.
A lot of smaller startups lose money in the first years of trading, I remember Nick Jenkins who formed Moonpig saying he’d lost £2m of his own cash in the first year. It’s now a thriving business and made £35m last financial year.

Speculate to accumulate was a business mantra, as teenagers at college doing Business Studies we changed it to “Masturbate to ejaculate”.

What fucking world do you live in, some of the largest and most important business in the globe have posted huge losses.

Its part of business, owners invest huge sums and often take huge hits to expand, including a certain Sheik Mansour, it's called investment, and to punish anyone for doing so is a fucking joke.
I did say I was infantile.

Oh, and while I am here. Come on Qatar. Buy Everton tomorrow, invest heavily in them and get them up to the top of the table.

Imagine what that would do to Liverpool :)
That would be a wonderful senario, with us , Newcastle and Villa, that would be some serious threat to the Yank clubs, in fact it would blow them out of the water.

When Spurs were originally sanctioned by the FA in 1994 for illegal payments carried out by the previous regime in the 1980s they were docked 12 points for season 1994-95, banned from the FA Cup for the same season and fined a then record amount of £600,000.

Sugar shat himself. The first appeal ended up with the points deduction halved to 6 points but retained the FA Cup ban and increased the fine to £1,500,000. A second appeal revoked the points deduction completely and reinstated them in the FA Cup but retained the fine.

It remains to be seen if Everton appeal their 10 point deduction equally successfully.

An interesting question is had Everton refused to cooperate with their investigation what could they have done?
Chelsea submitted incorrect financial information and nothing happened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.