Everton V City Post Match Thread

Decent point at a place where we mostly get none.

Players like Navas and Jovetic lack the quality required to kill a game though.

Aguero, Bony and Dzeko will score the goals that Jovetic won't but we're still looking for that wide player who gives us goals and chances.

citymad said:
chesterbells said:
SiMCFC said:
We've spunked the best part of 60 million quid on Mangala and Navas which is criminal imo, there were such better players out there for a damn site less money, I dare say we could have also got a fairly decent left winger for that sort of money!

We wont get any bargains mate - we're "Moneybags Man City" (copyright Des Kelly et al)

WTF? Thought Mangala handled lulaku very well. Navas was great except that bloody extra touch he takes.

some fans are so blinded its a shame

How was Mangala good or handled Lukaku well? He got turned time and time again...its just Lukaku didn't make him pay.

He is way below the likes of Varane, Boateng and Hummels, and i thought for the free we paid he would be on their level.

ForzaMancini said:
Navas starts way too many games. Incredibly frustrating player. Always delays his crossing, just hit it first time when people are unmarked for fucks sake!

Mangala is a mess. No other way to describe him. I have faith that he has the talent to become a world class CB but right now he is just woefully inept. Get Vinny and Demichelis back together ASAP.

Once Aguero is back fit we should be ok. Nasri was poor today but he's been on excellent form so he was due a bad one.

I take it you would have started Sinclair today then?

I'm not too disappointed with a point at Everton. It's more the pissing away four points in the last 3 games from winning positions that annoys me.

The sooner Aguero is back up and running and Jovetic is back on the bench the better.

Win next week and it's all to play for. A 2
Point gap is nothing.

We were the better team up till half time - but the hard working Navas doesn't know how to shoot. Mangala gives me the shakes.
He gave fouls away and some of his passing is awful. Merlin did his best as did Nasri - hard working performance. Jovetic flattered to deceive.
I thought 1-1 was fair enough. Everton were physical without any creative player although Naismith is there work horse.
I would give Mangala a rest for a couple of games.- If Kompany is fit. Hart - well what do you say - outjumped by 5'8 ins. player.

Good point in the end.. Dead balls and shooting should be the home work for Pelegrini it very frustrating how poor we are at them..

Don Karleone said:
Failing to see what Jovetic brings to the table to be honest.

At least as a striker.

If/when Bony comes he should make way imho. And in terms of midfield, I dont see how he gets in there either in our starting eleven

Silva_Spell said:
In the last 24 months he's probably made more errors than any other GK in the PL

9873__3479__mignolet263_51fe42677b7db031778499.jpg

Not sure if serious.

bitsmith said:
sam-caddick said:
I listened to the game on the radio so I can't judge the performance visually, either way we couldn't have asked to play Everton away at a better time considering their form going into the this match so the result in my opinion is poor.

Arsenal and Chelsea coming up now, 6 points is a must in my opinion.

Big come down now after last weeks events levelling up with Chelsea.

6 points are not muss. 4 will do quite good. 2 points behind in January and with Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea games done is not bad at all.

... though you know Arsenal will have a cracker too when they meet us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.