Everton V City Post Match Thread

Not a great result against a poor Everton side but we'll make the points up.

Imagine how bad we would have struggled at Goodison in the past without Aguero, Yaya and Kompany in the starting lineup.

I do think a point at Goodison is a good result but not when a) we were in good form b)they are in shit form and c)we were fucking winning and again fucked it up when we had to see it out.

It's only the same as fans saying Liverpool fucked up by being naive last season ala Crystal Palace!

Mangala wasn't that bad. A Hart clanger aside and we wouldn't be discussing it... but going forward is an issue. The manager felt we needed a half fit Aguero to do the job.

It's unreal how desperate we are to pass the ball into the net at times, when it's not happening we morph into Arsenal. All possession and no answers. And we're not exactly packing both wings with players who can run at a defender and shoot.

shemnel said:
cant quite understand the general fury on here, i thought the performance was pretty good in general and it's far from a bad result. Just a bit of stray finishing away from a comfortable win really.
Agreed.

Welcome to the post match thread where all the idiots come out to play.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
nice to see the drama queens out in force again , a point at Goodison , especially with our history of this fixture , is not a disaster , we had 18 shots , 65% possession , twice as many corners , and Aguero got 30 minutes. Missed Yaya today , thought Fernandinho had a terrible game despite his goal , but we need to start shooting from distance , we cannot walk the ball into the net all the time.The chavs go to swansea next week and we have the bottlers at home on sunday ,so i will reserve judgement on this apparently shit result , until next week .
well said. Overall a draw was about right though, but despite our deficiencies we could have won it. 90 minutes of a fit Aguero and we would have won it. As for shooting from distance, that is something we will be missing this month from Toure.

Good build up play but lacked a cutting edge. I was unsure about Bony before today(I may have labeled him a carthourse!) but we were crying out for him today

Pros
Controlled the game. Silva was excellent and Clichy maintained his good form

Negatives
I'm gonna sound like a broken record but Mangala is struggling to say the least

We give away far too many freekicks

We are not a threat from set pieces(unless Yaya shoots). It's such a big part of game especially in big/tight games and we just waste every single one. When you think about it, it's about 20 opportunities a game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.