Everton V City Post Match Thread

homerdog said:
blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
Why don't you fuck off?

Apart from the trafford comment, he is spot on.

Far too many have completely lost grasp of this being a team sport and just how tough it is week in week out in arguably the best league in the world.

That's the bit I object to! I don't see why we can't discuss the performance of individual players. My comments about Navas were only critical of his crossing ability - a view which is shared by many on here, for good reason!

Trouble is mate its too black and white. One week a player scores, he is fantastic, week after he misses a few, he is shit, fuck him off etc etc.

Given what we have won recently and where we sit so far this season, it makes those comments ridiculous.

Sure a few didnt perform as they would want to or can today but over the course of a season, they will pitch in like the rest of the squad and hopefully deliver more silverwear again.

We gained a valuable point today. Only time will tell if 2 dropped costs us or if it wins us the league but it wont make Hart shit or Jovetic rubbish or Navas a liability.

BigJoe#1 said:
All in all an away point at Everton is an acceptable result, and fourteen games unbeaten is nothing to be scoffed at. We we're let down by Hart, I know he made one brilliant save, but in all fairness, that's what he's paid to do. He really needs to concentrate on catching the ball, seems to have been intensively coached to punch it... Which I don't understand. punching needs to be in his armoury but I might not suggest as the first option every time.

I'm afraid Navas is simply not good enought. A great player but not good enough for this first eleven. We'd be better off bringing him on at about 70 minutes when there are tired legs to be exploited. We can't keep carrying him, his decision making is inept and finishing woeful and quite frankly has been for the whole of this season- let's just use him as a utility player..... please Manuel.We totally controlled the midfield and played some exquisite football at times and we showed great shape going forward.

Mangala will improve and it's great to think we will, albeit without Yaya next week, be at full strength.

Remain positive blues! Chelsea are no better than us IMO.

Dear me - one sub-par performance and the knives are out. The fact is, he's been one of City's most consistent (good) performers and an ever-present for a long time now. How quickly people forget.
I hope Señor Pellegrini doesn't base too many of his decisions on the opinions expressed o this site (just kidding)

There's always complete over-reaction to a single match on the post-match thread and far too much focus on negativity. A title is won over a season, not one or two games.

Primitives who can only dish out abuse represent the downside of our growing fan base.

MancunianCitizen said:
Vienna_70 said:
Disappointing to draw after taking the lead so late in the game and considering our recent record at Goodison.
It's a shame all our pressure in the first half couldn't produce a goal and when we finally scored, I thought we'd go on and win the game. Great header from Dinho, but a shame we couldn't build on it and take all three points.

That's the title race over now, I suppose, considering Chelsea won today.

Great to see Sergio back on the field, but he did look a little rusty. I doubt the time he had on the pitch today will do him any harm, though.

Title race over really?

Have faith I'm not sold on this invincible Chelsea nonsense that the media keep trying to shove down our throats, We are more then capable of winning at Chelsea.

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark, reflecting the media's obsession with Chelsea and their conviction that all the chavs have to do is turn up for the rest of the season for the trophy to be heading back to the Kremlin.

It's not so long ago we were nine points behind them. Before today's matches, we couldn't be separated. we are both going to drop points between now and the end of the season.

After last year and three years ago - and what has already happened this term - it would be folly for any Blue to throw in the towel just yet.

There is always this kind of reaction these days when we drop points,I for one (even though I have not today) am usually one of the worst to criticise,especially individual performances,but the thing that pisses me off is a collective reason.

I have followed City for well over 30 years,and boy have I seen some shit,but the City of today is a total different scenario,we are on a different level,but being City we just don't seem to kill off teams in the first half,

I aint been today but I hear Pelligrini on radio saying we pasted em in first half but didn't put the chances away,and this is what can happen.

Just thinking about today we have no given right to win every game unlike the Rags did in their domination of the past 20 bastard years,with sneaky fucking last minute scabby goals,but this Everton team this season along with Roberto Wigan Martinez are a shadow of the club they used to be,and therefore I'm pissed off we didn't finish em off

as long as we're not more than 5points behind the invincibles, I'm good. Draw away at Everton is not the end of the world. 6points from next two and we're top of the damn league

raymondkl92 said:
as long as we're not more than 5points behind the invincibles, I'm good. Draw away at Everton is not the end of the world. 6points from next two and we're top of the damn league
Yeah, as long as Chelsea drop points as well though, and I don't fancy them dropping many points now as they've had their bad patch.

Draw here is not a bad result but it was down to our own mistakes not win it. Hart and the finishing.

My problem is our fixture list in away games much harder than Chelsea's. Everton away was one of the tricky one for us and dropped points instantly. And this was an Everton in awful form to be fair. Pool/United/Spurs/Stoke away games are gonna be harder. Chelsea mostly played already all their big games except Arsenal maybe. They maybe have 2 games left vs top 10 team away from home .

Now most important is to make sure we only go 2 points behind into the clash vs Chelsea, for that we need to beat Arsenal at home for sure. Otherwise we go into Chelsea game with 4-5 points behind, lose that and its back to 7-8 points in space of 2 weeks. Things can turn around fast but not only in our favour if we make big mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.