Everton V City Post Match Thread

Thought Everton played reasonably well, regardless of current form, I still feel relieved not to lose to them.

Didn't think anyone played too bad, but I wasn't a fan of Pellegrini's subs today. Pretty easy to critique after the fact, but I swear I didn't like them at the time either.

malg said:
.....by pressing down a special key it plays a little melody.....

A lot of the "kraft" we put into the "werk" today I honestly think we'll be OK ;)

rick773 said:
....I wasn't a fan of Pellegrini's subs today. Pretty easy to critique after the fact, but I swear I didn't like them at the time either.

My feelings exactly. Fernandinho should have stayed on and Nasri gone off. I'd have left Jovetic on, too. He was doing a decent job, and would have been decent support for a clearly "getting back into it" Sergio.

These post match threads are brutal
We should all of them 10-0
And the every player should have a statue or be burned at the cross....
blueMOAN post match forum!!!
For example :
City is now 2 points behind
And have played.....(?) games with their
Best players all starting, healthy, and in good form?
I would guess none!
Chelsea all but 6?
Quit your damn complaining

Damanino said:
Draw here is not a bad result but it was down to our own mistakes not win it. Hart and the finishing.

My problem is our fixture list in away games much harder than Chelsea's. Everton away was one of the tricky one for us and dropped points instantly. And this was an Everton in awful form to be fair. Pool/United/Spurs/Stoke away games are gonna be harder. Chelsea mostly played already all their big games except Arsenal maybe. They maybe have 2 games left vs top 10 team away from home .

Now most important is to make sure we only go 2 points behind into the clash vs Chelsea, for that we need to beat Arsenal at home for sure. Otherwise we go into Chelsea game with 4-5 points behind, lose that and its back to 7-8 points in space of 2 weeks. Things can turn around fast but not only in our favour if we make big mistakes.

A hard game is one you don't win. It's asking for trouble saying that team A's away matches are harder than team B's, therefore... In the run in last season we had a setback at Anfield after looking all over winners for the whole second half, but never mind we had an easy home game to Sunderland next match, though we then had hard matchs at Palace and Everton - going for the top four - on the horizon. The trouble was Chelsea had easy games at home to Sunderland and Norwich as part of their run in and visits to Palace and Villa. When you look at the games we lost away from home in the whole of loast season, how many were in "difficult" matches? Today was Everton away, a team who were supposed to be low on confidence and in poor form! Not this afternoon they weren't! And they were playing a City team without its captain and a recognised striker for the 7th successive game! And without Ya Ya either today. Pretty good performance, I'd say.

At the start of every season, if somebody offered me 1 point at goodison i think i would snap their hand off. Ok, they havent been great this season but its always tough when we play them and they did well today. Lukaku always looked a threat and think the hart criticism is harsh. He made a couple of good saves today yet ppl just remember the 'mistake' for the goal. Dint even think it was his fault really until i came on here. Font mind staying in chelseas shadows, only counts at the end of the season and we seem to have a knack of pouncing at the right time so heres hoping for the same

malg said:
raymondkl92 said:
as long as we're not more than 5points behind the invincibles, I'm good. Draw away at Everton is not the end of the world. 6points from next two and we're top of the damn league
Yeah, as long as Chelsea drop points as well though, and I don't fancy them dropping many points now as they've had their bad patch.

If we win the next 2 there is a fairly high chance that chelsea will drop points…..

Rickaccurate said:
These post match threads are brutal
We should all of them 10-0
And the every player should have a statue or be burned at the cross....
blueMOAN post match forum!!!
For example :
City is now 2 points behind
And have played.....(?) games with their
Best players all starting, healthy, and in good form?
I would guess none!
Chelsea all but 6?
Quit your damn complaining
Am I the only one struggling to make sense of that post?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.