Everton V City Post Match Thread

Armaan said:
Anyone who thinks we're gonna go to Stamford bridge without Yaya and win is on crack. Please bookmark this post! Everton away usually is a tough tough game but today was a chance we didn't take, it was a game we needed to win because realistically if we lose at Stamford bridge we could be 5 points behind again. This is gonna be harder than last season to win the title now.

I think we can draw easily at the bridge. We were in very poor form at the start of the season. We should aim to hold the ball in midfield as Yaya would.

malg said:
raymondkl92 said:
as long as we're not more than 5points behind the invincibles, I'm good. Draw away at Everton is not the end of the world. 6points from next two and we're top of the damn league
Yeah, as long as Chelsea drop points as well though, and I don't fancy them dropping many points now as they've had their bad patch.
If we win our next 2, I have a sneaky feeling they will drop points.

Matt The Blue said:
Armaan said:
Anyone who thinks we're gonna go to Stamford bridge without Yaya and win is on crack. Please bookmark this post! Everton away usually is a tough tough game but today was a chance we didn't take, it was a game we needed to win because realistically if we lose at Stamford bridge we could be 5 points behind again. This is gonna be harder than last season to win the title now.

So you are now basically saying City is a one man team?
No we're not, but for those type games you need a player in midfield that can dictate the game and grab it by the scruff of the neck. Chelsea will piss on the two ferns and we all know how terrible we are at defending (and taking) set pieces so would be suprised to see Terry leap like a salmon and head in. Its the toughest ground in the league, we can win but it's not very likely.

Armaan said:

We had Yaya in our team in both league games last season and lost.

Armaan said:
Matt The Blue said:
Armaan said:

So you are now basically saying City is a one man team?
No we're not, but for those type games you need a player in midfield that can dictate the game and grab it by the scruff of the neck. Chelsea will piss on the two ferns and we all know how terrible we are at defending (and taking) set pieces so would be suprised to see Terry leap like a salmon and head in. Its the toughest ground in the league, we can win but it's not very likely.

I think the return of Kompany will be a big bonus. I think some of the problems we have defensively with Mangala and Demichelis together,
is they do not communicate or organize well. Kompany grabs the defense by the scruff and puts it in its place. As your point about the 2 ferns.
Well that's your opinion and has no fact atttached. I'm quietly confident about Chelsea, this was ALWAYS the dodgy match for me.

It is a very hard month or so coming up now, with The Power back we may start shooting on target again.

First shot on target was a Nasri free-kick cross in the second half.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
How we go again. Haven't won so every player we have is dogshit,wank etc.
Some people need to grow up a bit. Good 1st half poor finishing. Thought we
dropped off 2nd half and to concede to THAT goal so soon after leading is criminal.
The 2 defenders watching Naismith run off them should shoulder as much blame as Hart.
But overall it's a point and nothing is dead and buried yet. Plus we're still in the FA cup
and Champions League. Chill FFS.

You and those like you are the ones who need to chill. No one has said every player is crap. People have however criticised those who had a bad game.

Am I the only one that thinks we aren't as good or industrious in general when Milner isn't playing? I think he was a big miss today, even to come on as a sub and run and press. All in all I think the result was ok. Nothing to panic about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.