Everton V City Post Match Thread

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-1-man-city-1-8419479
Stuart Brennan wtf?
Hart 5
Mangala 4

Really don't know what some people see

Well, he probably watched an awful performance from Mangala and Hart make a mistake on the goal that cost us 2 points. Hart made 2 great saves but that quickly gets forgotten when you cock up the other important thing you have to do in a game., It sounds harsh but that's the way it is and always has been for keepers.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-1-man-city-1-8419479
Stuart Brennan wtf?
Hart 5
Mangala 4

Really don't know what some people see

Mangala was not a monstrosity as some here claim. He was a bit more in control than in recent games, but he gave the ball away on a number of occasions, particularly in the second half.

Navas was lively and saw a lot of the ball, but his inability/reluctance to cross the ball first time is infuriating. The momentum he gains by his pace he gives up by pissing around with the ball by the right corner flag or taking one or two touches that then allow the defender to block his crosses. This in turn doubly hurts us since it results in a corner which normally is not a bad result, but for us is akin to a goal kick.

Mangala played really well in the first half up against a real handful in lukaku,he did seem to lose a bit of confidence after the booking but the hare he gets on here and in the media is disgusting. He's a young lad ffs in his first season in the premier league

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Mangala played really well in the first half up against a real handful in lukaku,he did seem to lose a bit of confidence after the booking but the hare he gets on here and in the media is disgusting. He's a young lad ffs in his first season in the premier league

Agree to an extent, but he doesn't look a 32 mill quid central defender either now or in the future (and yes, I am making a call on how he will evolve which can be dangerous). If he had cost 20 then fair dos.

lasereyes said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

Agree to an extent, but he doesn't look a 32 mill quid central defender either now or in the future (and yes, I am making a call on how he will evolve which can be dangerous). If he had cost 20 then fair dos.

No he doesn't,he looks like a young lad getting to grips with a foreign country and much better league than he's played in before but
I'm pretty sure the same people calling him wank are the ones who didn't give DeMichellis a chance to settle either

I thought Mangala did OK today. Lukako, on that form, is a handful for any defender.

Equally, I don't think a draw is a particularly bad result. A bit frustrating, given our possession and the chances we created in the first half, but not the end of the world. It was difficult conditions, and we always seem to struggle at Goodison.

Could be a valuable point come the end of the season. One of our harder fixtures out of the way.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
lasereyes said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

No he doesn't,he looks like a young lad getting to grips with a foreign country and much better league than he's played in before but
I'm pretty sure the same people calling him wank are the ones who didn't give DeMichellis a chance to settle either

Yes there is that, but MDM cost us about 4 mill. I don't have an issue with Mangala learning the game (and he is learning the game, not just the English way), but 32 grand is one fairly exorbitant apprenticeship.

pre-match

would you accept a point away at Everton?

always

happy with that

So we can’t score from set pieces and we can’t defend set pieces.

we're a one man team, we're injury prone and Chelsea have got the easier fixtures.

I think we've been down this road before.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
So we can’t score from set pieces and we can’t defend set pieces.

we're a one man team, we're injury prone and Chelsea have got the easier fixtures.

I think we've been down this road before.

Our corners are dreadful though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.