Everton V City Post Match Thread

The amount offree kicks we give away around the box (Zabba. MDM & Mangala) and with someone with a delivery like Baines, its always likely that we will concede.
To be honest I'm surprised we've conceded so few from these areas this season

Ric said:
I thought Mangala did OK today. Lukako, on that form, is a handful for any defender.

Equally, I don't think a draw is a particularly bad result. A bit frustrating, given our possession and the chances we created in the first half, but not the end of the world. It was difficult conditions, and we always seem to struggle at Goodison.

Could be a valuable point come the end of the season. One of our harder fixtures out of the way.
I agree re mangala. Listening to Everton fans, one of their complaints about Martinez is that his insistence on possession has nullified lukaku to some extent in that he thrives on early balls through or over then defence.
Everton clearly changed their pattern and hit lukaku early and often with Barry making a few very good long passes in to space for him to run on to. When he is direct and running at goal he is a real threat.

Balti said:
pre-match

would you accept a point away at Everton?

always

happy with that

Always disappointing when you concede a lead though but at least we keep our unbeaten run in the league going.

Win the next two games are we are back on track and big wins they will be if we can pull them off.

The main aim will be to stay in touch until Yaya returns and still be in the FA Cup.

With Kun , VK and Dzeko fresh it will help our chances to achieve this.

warringtonblue said:
The amount offree kicks we give away around the box (Zabba. MDM & Mangala) and with someone with a delivery like Baines, its always likely that we will concede.
To be honest I'm surprised we've conceded so few from these areas this season
Got to agree with this. Why do we try and take the ball away when it really isn't on - it simply leads to a free kick and an attempt on our goal.

Armaan said:
Anyone who thinks we're gonna go to Stamford bridge without Yaya and win is on crack. Please bookmark this post! Everton away usually is a tough tough game but today was a chance we didn't take, it was a game we needed to win because realistically if we lose at Stamford bridge we could be 5 points behind again. This is gonna be harder than last season to win the title now.
Done.

Vienna_70 said:
Disappointing to draw after taking the lead so late in the game and considering our recent record at Goodison.
It's a shame all our pressure in the first half couldn't produce a goal and when we finally scored, I thought we'd go on and win the game. Great header from Dinho, but a shame we couldn't build on it and take all three points.

That's the title race over now, I suppose, considering Chelsea won today.

Great to see Sergio back on the field, but he did look a little rusty. I doubt the time he had on the pitch today will do him any harm, though.

Honestly, I despair.

We've just caught up on them after being 8 points behind, despite having key players out injured.....but you're happy to throw in the towel in January?!!!

lasereyes said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
lasereyes said:
Agree to an extent, but he doesn't look a 32 mill quid central defender either now or in the future (and yes, I am making a call on how he will evolve which can be dangerous). If he had cost 20 then fair dos.

No he doesn't,he looks like a young lad getting to grips with a foreign country and much better league than he's played in before but
I'm pretty sure the same people calling him wank are the ones who didn't give DeMichellis a chance to settle either

Yes there is that, but MDM cost us about 4 mill. I don't have an issue with Mangala learning the game (and he is learning the game, not just the English way), but 32 grand is one fairly exorbitant apprenticeship.

32 grand sounds like a bargain to me

blueinsa said:
Like ragcafe on here if we dont win every game ffs.

This player shit, that player wank etc etc etc.

Not a fucking clue some of those spouting, not a fucking clue and very very short memories!

The toys and pram brigade will always turn up...guaranteed!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.