Everton V City Post Match Thread

Bluemanc100 said:
citymad said:
MOTM anyone ?
For me it was Merlin. The commentators simply couldn't say enough about him.He was brilliant today, shame he wasn't on a winning team.

some other very good performers today: mangala, hart, DM, Zabba, Clichy, Nasri, F and F, Jovetic and Navas.

Merlin by a mile

Not even debatable today, IMO. The lad just plays the beautiful game and was a delight to watch today; needed better end product from his team mates.

chicagoblues said:
homerdog said:
blueinsa said:
I think he flatters to decieve if im being honest but today he was part of a side that got a point away, in atrocious conditions at Everton.

I can see why he's getting a lot of game time; he works really hard and tracks back, gets in good positions, etc. It's just that his final ball is so disappointing! Towards the end of the game he got the ball in a great position, and there were about 4 attackers in the middle, but his cross didn't beat the first defender...
Give it a rest will you?
You starting to sound like a broken record now.

Why? I don't see anybody disagreeing with me!

schfc6 said:
Everton played at a very quick tempo in awful conditions. They haven't played like that for a while.

We matched them in determination and fight. We just lacked that little bit that normally wins us the game.

No Kompany, no Ya Ya effectively no Aguero, any away point is good considering.

If someone had of said we'd be neck and neck with Chelsea, or just two points behind missing Kompany, all our strikers and Silva for best part of 8 games no one would have agreed.

We played a very motivated Everton in their cup final We deserved to win missing 3 of our 4 most important players.

We were only caught out by an excellent almost undefenderble set piece.

Agreed. We really deserved the three points today. At least Sergio got same game time.

feedthegloat said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
People saying Navas was awful, did you not see the sublime ball played to jovetic when he was running full pace? jobetic should have done much beet with it

And that kind of play is the least you should expect from a multi million pound winger.........who can't cross.

And can't take a man on

Would be a shame if everton went down and we miss out on these types of games and end up playing the likes of Derby instead ;)

kinkysleftfoot said:
feedthegloat said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
People saying Navas was awful, did you not see the sublime ball played to jovetic when he was running full pace? jobetic should have done much beet with it

And that kind of play is the least you should expect from a multi million pound winger.........who can't cross.

Hardly awful though

Agreed, he's just average, very average.

mancity1 said:
Look at this way maybe

47 points from 21 games this year , 47 from 21 last year.

Chelsea 3 points better off at the same time last year with two additions that have made a big difference to their line up so when push to comes shove they are not the dominate force that most think they are.

We have more upside than they do.

More often than not the best defence wins the title and which all the injuries we have had as opposed to Chelsea its little wonder we are behind them but only two points at this juncture I will take that for now.

We'll need more that the 86 pts we got last year tho.

Chelsea have a much kinder away fixture list too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.