Everton v City post match

Some of our passing & movement first half today against a team full of defenders was as good as anything I've ever seen in the prem.

The problem came from Clichy lumping it followed by shite defending.

Ahhhh so it was clichy's fault that this most incredible side, the best pass and move side the premiership (1993 onwards) has ever seen, were humiliated today. Gotcha...

I've given him a chance but now I've as enough.

It's obvious our defence has no confidence in Bravo. You just knew when Everton got past them they'd score.

I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, today just did it for me.

He has no authority.

How can the team that looked so solid on Friday look so much different today?

It was the keeper.

I feel shit for saying as I don't like to slag off a blue.

Get Willy back and goal and see the difference.
I'm with you mate. Whatever the reason, (I suspect his confidence is completely shot) he is not performing well enough to play in goal for us. Thought he could have done better for three of the four goals yesterday. Willy deserves to be first choice now.

Said that to my mate at the match. We pass it around for fun at the back with the opponents chasing shadows.. then 9 times out of 10 we give the ball away when it comes to Clichy.. nowhere near good enough to play this style

Of all the teams I have seen win the league in my life, and I'm 36, I've never seen one do it by playing 47 passes in and around their own box before reaching the half way line. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just highly doubt it. Many many people were questioning whether these tactics would be successful in England prior to his arrival. Many of us put that down to jealousy from other clubs fans / media goons desperate for him to fail etc. However that school of thought is now looking quite astute.

And there lies the problem. Too many confuse playing football with winning at football. I'll grant anyone that if the title was decided by ponderous possession and successful passes then we'd have it won already. The reality is that it isn't. It's won by getting points by winning games and avoiding defeat.

Our methodology of play has none of those two basic principles as its core philosophy.

We are akin to that boxer who stands in front of his static and limited opponent and shuffle our feet with arms raised carrying out the most ridiculous shadow boxing moves only for our opponent to punch us once and we collapse.

In short Pep, you are kidding nobody. The club it seems have for 4 years been working in bringing us a man who has managed to take the club backwards. It's a disaster and frankly as I've said before, sometimes you just have to admit you made a complete wrong call and change things.

Kompany should be appointed manager, Hart needs to come back.

Some people think successful football is passing the ball as many times as you can to each other before you lose it. That Dutch prick the rags had was of a similar mindset. I'm like you though, I prefer results over how many successful passes our goalkeeper can achieve.

The players downed tools on him yesterday, how does he address that??, drop all 11, which you could argue could be warranted, personally think the dressing room has gone but the players need to take a good look at themselves because that yesterday was embarrassing

I don't think that's the point for people. They wasn't big errors but on the flip side if he saved any of them would you of gone wow what a world class save? His positioning is poor, he has no presence, doesn't even ever stretch when he's diving. He's a very poor goalkeeper and if you think otherwise you need your eyes testing.

I wouldn't go as far as suggesting opticians mate. Some people truly believe that goalkeepers should be picked based on their pass completion stats. You can try and help educate these people but ultimately it's up to them. Times are a changing my friend, whoever would have thought it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.