Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

Interesting thread - half the lads are spot on and consider this to be a big game, a decent test for both sides, with the other half giving it whoppo about 'winning easy' yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sat'dee will be tough for you - we're playing well, getting a lot of our injured players back, the crowd will be bevvied and up for it....it really could go either way.

One point I'll make though is this myth that Everton are a big, physical long ball team....we certainly were a few years ago but we're proabably the smallest team in the premiership (only Fellaini and Howard will be over 6 foot on sat'dee) and really do play footy...with a midfield of Piennar, Osman and Bily there's no other way they can play.

Rememeber on sat'dee - you might not be able to see the game that well, there'll be murder at half time getting served and the whole day atmosphere will be dead hostile and busy, but isn't that the way it should be? Maine Road or Eastlands?

I'm happy at Goodison.Anyway, enjoy the day lids (not too much like)

.................Given

Zab....Richards....Kompany....Garrido

...........Vieira....De jong

Petrov..........Tevez.............Robinho

..................RSC

Subs.
Barry
Bellamy
Swp

Marvin said:
Any news on Ireland and Bridge? Hoping SWP will be available as he was an unused sub v Blackburn

Mancini hasn't had to worry about the opposition in recent weeks, but Bilyaletidinov, Saha, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini will need watching. All top class players who are as good as our players.

class players?not one of them would get in our team!

CXX said:
I think RM likes target :

.................Given

Zab....Richards....Kompany....Garrido

...........Vieira....De jong

Swp..........Tevez.............Robinho

..................RSC

Subs.
Barry
Bellamy
Petrov
etc.
i would go with this....

bluevengence said:
Forzacitizens said:
just seen this on an everton forum

'I ******* hate everything about Manchester City, The Fans, The Ground,The Team that Dickhead David Ginola lookalike Manager, that Pikey bastard Ireland, Ronaldinho Macdonald and of course, The Toblerone headed **** that is J-Lo. Nothing less that a 2-0 win to me would be a massive pain in the arse. Just sayin.'

disgusting to say the least

Yea ..it`s on this thread <a class="postlink" href="http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/everton-forum/25098-everton-v-manchester-city-saturday-16th-january-17-30-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/evert ... -30-a.html</a>
the blue scouse twats have got it bad since they have realised they are not top 4 material and won`t be for the foreseable future...the peoples club..hahaha=horrible overated goggled eyed manager,,horrible deluded fans,horrible grey football,horrible shithole of a ground.
just a horrible nomark club which play in a horrible shitty blue... i would love to see the w@nkers relegated.be a bit like wigan going down NO FOOKER WOULD MISS THE SCOUSE TWATS.

To be fair if their three best players (Jagielka, Arteta, Yak) hadn't been injured all season they would be in contention like they usually are.

For me I would settle for a draw, this is going to be tough and the football might not be pretty may have to put the battlers out for this one. Didn't realise Zab suspended thought these days when they got five yellows they just got a warning, maybe I a wrong.

If he is

Richards Viera Kompany Garrido

SWP De Jong Barry Bellars

Tevez Benjani (done nowt wrong)

If Zab isn't suspended Back four unchanged

Team I would like to see

RSC instead of Benjani but team as above .

Breaker said:
Zab's suspended so probably Micah right back and Boyata centre back.

Zabaleta isnt suspended,i no were ur coming from regarding him getting his 5th yellow card of the season,however he got it in the new year so it is now his first yellow of the year,the commentator said the same,if he got that 5th card in december then hed be suspended but as it was in the new year all players start again,however he wil get a letter from the fa.so hel play on sat

Some guys are picking Vieira in the starting eleven but I thought he was injured. Same team as against Blackburn with RSC replacing Benjani after 60 mins and Robinho on for the last 15 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.